tiny yellowtail on the paddies

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

tiny yellowtail on the paddies

Postby chris oak » September 16th, 2020, 8:55 am

Any of you guys see the tiny 4" yellows under the paddies this year? I'm looking to collect some for exhibit, they have to be under 6" though.
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: tiny yellowtail on the paddies

Postby John Hughes » September 16th, 2020, 12:06 pm

I got this one for you Chris, I'll stick in on your windshield in the parking lot since the aquarium is closed.

:)

This is from a few years back but they were everywhere. I needed to test my new gun and it shot straight. Of course my buddy made me fillet it and eat it as well. :rofl:

How do you actually collect and transport should we be able to make it happen?

John Hughes
cupcake

Postby chris oak » September 16th, 2020, 2:23 pm

That's actually bigger than what we are looking for. I just need to know they are there before we send out crew, I appreciate the help but you guys would not legally be able to collect them without the permit. I'm collecting tomorrow so I'll take a peek on the way out, I saw some by sci the other day but that's too far to run.
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby Washington1 » September 16th, 2020, 8:09 pm

I stopped at Rippers to look for halibut a couple days ago. Inside the south side around the rocks they were all over the place. Right around 6"-10"
Shoot Straight!
Malloy
Long Beach Neptune
Washington1
spearo

Postby chris oak » September 17th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Washington1 wrote:I stopped at Rippers to look for halibut a couple days ago. Inside the south side around the rocks they were all over the place. Right around 6"-10"

Thanks! that means they should be on the paddies on the way from pedro to cat as well. Today was too rough to spot paddies but we'll try next week if it calms down.
chris oak
Enforcer

Return to California & Baja