California Buddy Network

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

Re: California Buddy Network

Postby iamasalmon » March 23rd, 2014, 10:11 pm

I got a couple of days off and want to chase some fish.
(Maybe) going out to cappa Wed in my RIB, can also go on your boat if got one and need help.
Tuesday and Monday I'll be in the LA area (I'm thinking LA or CAT or ???), later in the week I'll be in SB.

iamasalmon@gmail.com
iamasalmon
spearo

Postby mrkill » March 29th, 2014, 9:16 am

Lookin for a dive buddy tomorrow, sunday march 30. North county SD.
mrkill
polespearo

Postby Protist » April 21st, 2014, 9:48 pm

Anybody wanna dive tomorrow, LA, malibu or Santa Barbara, if anyone has space on a boat, i'll pitch for gas and ditch my class.
Sturgill Global Adventure Team
http://www.sturgillspearfishing.com
Protist
spearo

Postby Sniper » May 3rd, 2014, 8:15 am

Novice buddy available during the week in Los Angeles. Will pitch in for fuel and help clean up. Please send PM.
Sniper
noob

Postby Pierreyaldo » May 11th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Free all day tomorrow, if anyone wants to kayak out with me in SD or needs a dive buddy tomorrow (monday) hit me up!

would love to dive w someone from here before I get a reply on wierdboard :D

Edit: Im also free most weekday mornings this summer and will be trying to dive almost every day if I can 248-534-5585
Pierreyaldo
spearo

Postby jtully » May 28th, 2014, 7:43 am

Looking for afternoon/evening dive buddies in LA. Typically dive LA because its closest. I'm usually out of work by 5, and as long as the Kings aren't playing, I'm usually willing to drop everything and go dive. Shoot me a PM if anybody is interested. Hoping to get out tmrw.
Josh Tully
jtully
spearo

Postby pcantonius » May 29th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Hey all,
Looking last minute for someone to dive with tomorrow in OC, searching for another ghost. Last two dives this week I've seen some, but couldn't connect with any. Thinking of a morning dive, I'm free until around 3pm.

I won't be home until late tonight so don't PM, but text me at 949.280.2879
Patrick
instagram: Broseidon___
pcantonius
spearo

Postby Pierreyaldo » June 7th, 2014, 10:07 am

free all day monday and tuesday this coming week (6/9 and 6/10), looking to kayak out to some kelp in SD (or shore dive), shoot me a text if you wanna head out 248-534-5585
Pierreyaldo
spearo

Postby Protist » June 23rd, 2014, 11:22 am

sonoma dive tomorrow anyone?
Protist
spearo

Postby iamasalmon » July 8th, 2014, 10:04 am

Looking for a buddy to help cover gas for a paddy hop tomorrow out of San Diego (Shelter Island)
text 310-634-6566 if interested.
iamasalmon
spearo

Postby RyanW » July 16th, 2014, 1:50 pm

I am going to be down in San Diego and available to dive Saturday and Monday. I am throwing myself at the mercy of this forum to find me someone with a boat that is going offshore. I would really love to join anyone that is planning a trip out and has space. Sounds like things have been crazy down there and this is probably going to be my last opportunity to dive SD for a while.

Someone please take me out to shoot some Pelagics!!

I am not a noob, have all of the necessary gear, tell fantastic jokes and have money to pay for gas/beer/food.

Please text, PM or email

Wevegotbugs@gmail.com
RyanW
spearo

Postby Avenues » July 17th, 2014, 4:35 am

I too am desperate to get offshore or one of the islands next week. I’ve made a few trips out to the islands on a local charter recently and have yet to see a single yellow. I’m available to dive Wednesday the 23rd to Sunday the 27th. I have cash for fuel and will help clean up after the dive, also can bring drinks of your choice. I can be ready to dive early about anywhere in socal, PM me.
James Grover
www.youtube.com/user/jgroverman/videos
Instagram: jgroverman
Avenues
kook

Postby Turtle » July 17th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Got laid off just in time for an epic summer for pelagics. If any of you are heading out during the week and need an anchor puller to share gas expenses, let me know! I'm located in Tustin.
Hteik

Dam: "Biiiiitch! 10% of your posts is talking about beers. The rest is talking shit on me
Turtle
kook

Postby Steammachine » July 17th, 2014, 7:38 pm

Funemployed and looking to get in the water whenever possible. I'm in South OC and usually free throughout the week.
Steammachine
noob

Postby Bill McIntyre » July 17th, 2014, 8:15 pm

I usually don't care much for paddy hopping, and I don't care much for eating yellowtail, so if I shoot one, I give it away.

But from what some of the threads say, if you fall off the boat, you'll probably land in a school of yellowtail. Well, maybe that is an slight exaggeration, but it does sound pretty good. And people seem to be getting tuna. Its not clear that they are spearing them though. I’ve caught tuna, but I am not interested in catching more of them on rod and reel. I'd like to spear one, but I don't think that is very easy. And about three years ago, after a lifetime of rod and reel fishing, I gave away all my fishing tackle. I've caught tarpon, marlin, tuna, and you name it, but for some reason that doesn't interest me anymore. But even though I don't particularly like paddy hopping, I've had some success when forced to do it.

Why should you care? If I did decide to try the paddy thing and you went with me, it would be strictly spearfishing.

So let me cut to the chase. Tomorrow I go in for a wound check on surgery I had a week ago. They said I'd have to stay out of the water for four weeks, but sometimes I cheat. Maybe I'll know more after tomorrow. They also said I couldn't lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks, but that is fucking ridiculous. My main concern is that the incision is in my chest so muscling onto the swim step might tear it open, but maybe I could figure out a way to use a line and flop onto the on swim step. I just couldn't do that many times.

So where was I? Its really bugging me that I can't go diving while everyone seems to be shooting fish in barrels. If I decide that I'm marginally fit to dive (or at least to go boating), I'll be looking for crew. If you are interested in diving without the rod and reel option, let me know the days that you are available. And if I've never heard of you, let me know that you know the bow from the stern of a boat.
Attachments
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Turtle » July 18th, 2014, 1:59 pm

Bill McIntyre wrote:I usually don't care much for paddy hopping, and I don't care much for eating yellowtail, so if I shoot one, I give it away.

But from what some of the threads say, if you fall off the boat, you'll probably land in a school of yellowtail. Well, maybe that is an slight exaggeration, but it does sound pretty good. And people seem to be getting tuna. Its not clear that they are spearing them though. I’ve caught tuna, but I am not interested in catching more of them on rod and reel. I'd like to spear one, but I don't think that is very easy. And about three years ago, after a lifetime of rod and reel fishing, I gave away all my fishing tackle. I've caught tarpon, marlin, tuna, and you name it, but for some reason that doesn't interest me anymore. But even though I don't particularly like paddy hopping, I've had some success when forced to do it.

Why should you care? If I did decide to try the paddy thing and you went with me, it would be strictly spearfishing.

So let me cut to the chase. Tomorrow I go in for a wound check on surgery I had a week ago. They said I'd have to stay out of the water for four weeks, but sometimes I cheat. Maybe I'll know more after tomorrow. They also said I couldn't lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks, but that is fucking ridiculous. My main concern is that the incision is in my chest so muscling onto the swim step might tear it open, but maybe I could figure out a way to use a line and flop onto the on swim step. I just couldn't do that many times.

So where was I? Its really bugging me that I can't go diving while everyone seems to be shooting fish in barrels. If I decide that I'm marginally fit to dive (or at least to go boating), I'll be looking for crew. If you are interested in diving without the rod and reel option, let me know the days that you are available. And if I've never heard of you, let me know that you know the bow from the stern of a boat.

Finally! An opportunity to dive with team Drakkar Noir. Unemployment might not be so bad after all. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Hteik

Dam: "Biiiiitch! 10% of your posts is talking about beers. The rest is talking shit on me
Turtle
kook

Postby Karma Trees » July 30th, 2014, 1:16 pm

Anyone want to kick or yak out to some kelp in north county tonight around 6pm!?
Been going the past few days and conditions have been pretty nice.
Tides dropping to a low today but out in the kelp should still be decent!
Hit me up if interested
Attachments
blakeschilling@gmail
Karma Trees
spearo

Postby Protist » August 4th, 2014, 12:43 am

would anyone like out for a dive tomorrow, monday, tuesday or thursday? anywhere between Gaviota and San Pedro.... send a PM my way!
Protist
spearo

Postby Michaelpjob » January 14th, 2015, 3:55 pm

Diving Gaviota Saturday morning if anyone is interested PM me!
Michaelpjob
spearo

Postby yufu22 » January 14th, 2015, 4:04 pm

If anyone has a last minute cancellation or open spot on a boat to the islands on the weekends or holidays, please let me know! I can hold my own and happy to share my gear, help with gas, clean up, share my catch, etc :)
I got 99 problems and fishing solves them all.
yufu22
spearo

Postby tryingtospear » January 18th, 2015, 11:53 am

What's up guys. I'm looking to meet more buddies in San Diego. I have a couple, but it's tough to get them to go out sometimes, and I'm tired of missing opportunities to dive. I'm looking for a buddy to go out this Wednesday, the 21st, and/or any possible time in the future. I'm comfortable in the water and at depth, and enjoy hunting as deep as I can. I'm always up for a shore dive, and usually swim out to the kelp beds. I don't have a kayak and honestly haven't even been in one before. I've been on a boat, but never to spear, so I'd say I have close to zero boat experience. That being said, I am very willing and eager to learn and understand anything I can through experience on a boat or kayak, if you're willing to have me come along. I can provide gas money, help clean, or whatever else you need me to do.
tryingtospear
noob

Postby emeyers » January 27th, 2015, 1:06 pm

Looks like a lot of you are pretty die hard. Are any of you guides? Or would you consider becoming a guide? Either spearing or angling. Please let me know. I'm looking for guides starting this spring.
emeyers
noob

Postby Schwaman » February 4th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Hey guys
I am travelling through and lookin to dive with someone out of Laguna Beach ( will drive out of mlpa or just look at fish in Laguna) feb 4/5/6.
Then San Diego area feb 7/8/9/10.
Send me a pm
Manuel
Schwaman
spearo

Postby Sagacious » February 4th, 2015, 11:24 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new to spearfishing and just finished gathering all my gear.. i'm in laguna hills and looking for buddies that don't mind showing me the ropes out there on how to hunt and stay safe! Actually I don't even really know how to clean a fish yet! lol I'm willing to travel to LA / SD areas to meet up with some buddies and have some fun and learn from you guys. PM me if anyone doesn't mind a newer spearo buddy!
Sagacious
noob

Postby Aussie » March 4th, 2015, 6:31 pm

Great idea. :)
Aussie
kook

Postby Michaelpjob » March 24th, 2015, 9:52 am

Anyone want to try and get out in Big Sur this weekend?

edit* Hmmm doesn't look so promising :'(
Michaelpjob
spearo

Postby CATSAS-S® » April 21st, 2015, 4:25 pm

I'm an actor/writer and live a mile from King Harbor in Redondo Beach. I have a lot of free time on my hands and dive a lot during the week. It's soooo much better than during weekends when divers are out like mad, but I still dive weekends too. :) I'm anxious to get on some boats for yellowtail and am willing to pitch in for expenses, preferably from Dana Point to Malibu.
CATSAS-S®
spearo

5/10-5/11 Overnight to SCI -Looking for 1

Postby polarbear » May 9th, 2015, 3:36 pm

Heading out form Ocean Side to local island for an overnight trip. Boat is Spartan, 2 in the cuddy one on deck. Have room for one to share in fuel costs.
Burns about 70 gallons normally for the trip.

Weather looks good, and there is good anchorage.

PM me.

Bill
Murrieta, CA

Note: Had a last minute cancellation - rumors of yellows
wac
wac
wac
polarbear
noob

Postby stoneshotkilla » June 7th, 2015, 8:15 pm

hey there spero's... looking for folks to share good times good fish and the expensive fuel cost for my montauk.... at 7$ a gallon here in avalon its a little heavy on a single wallet... calling out all the Catalina divers hit me up! no work tuesday and wednesday... i also am over town in long beach on tuesdays so i would be free for shore dive in LA afternoons pm me
:greetings-wavingyellow: :hi5: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :confusion-helpsos:
stoneshotkilla
noob

Postby ErnieGorham » June 8th, 2015, 4:43 pm

I have this week off work tues-friday. This is a huge thumb out looking for a boat ride any of those days! I'm more than happy to split fuel costs and can bring snacks or whatever you prefer. I'm in north SD but will drive anywhere. I've never shot a yellow and am dreaming of it! Thanks in advance. 760-450-4575 text me!
ErnieGorham
polespearo

Postby Avenues » June 10th, 2015, 4:24 am

Hi guys, I should be getting a new blue water gun in the next day or so and was wanting to get out offshore or to the Islands this Saturday the 13th to test it out before I hit Cortez at the end of the month. If you have room I have cash, let me know.
James Grover
www.youtube.com/user/jgroverman/videos
Instagram: jgroverman
Avenues
kook

Postby mrkill » June 28th, 2015, 12:16 pm

Hey guys, looking for a ride on any boats heading out either paddy hopping or just diving. Will pay gas, parking, food, beer, whatever is needed, help load/unload etc. PM if you need a deck hand!

Travis
mrkill
polespearo

Postby Donzi Paul » June 30th, 2015, 8:25 pm

Hi guys I'm looking for a ride up to the Neptune meeting this Wed if someone from the South is driving North past Lake Forest, I have gas money and will cover a few beers. PM me if you could help.

Thanks, Don

Thanks Dave and Greenbeans.
Long Beach Neptune 1983 ...still
Donzi Paul
sea slayer

Postby Sagacious » July 3rd, 2015, 9:35 am

Looking for buddy in the OC, San Diego or Long Beach area... I'm in Laguna in the center of all those areas so can go anywhere. PM me if you need a buddy.
Sagacious
noob

Postby Michaelpjob » July 8th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Heading to Big Sur this Friday from San Luis Obispo, anyone want to come along? I prefer not to dive solo :'(
Michaelpjob
spearo

Postby Michaelpjob » July 9th, 2015, 11:33 am

Big Sur trip tomorrow, looks like I'll be diving solo :'( Driving SLO to Big Sur Friday morning 6am - 3ish. PM me if you want in guaranteed lingcod!
Michaelpjob
spearo

Postby dassoop » July 17th, 2015, 9:30 am

I dive the shore from northern channel islands down to Carmel and am looking for some dive buddies. Occasional work on the weekends means I hit the water early afternoon on some weekdays. If you're around the area and kick out together shoot me a message.
dassoop
noob

Postby pcantonius » July 21st, 2015, 11:46 am

Have the whole week off. Anyone need an extra (experienced) hand offshore on your boat let me know! Of course I'll pitch gas, bait, clean the boat, etc. Open to rod/reel as well. This tuna action won't let me sleep at night....
949-280-2879
instagram: Broseidon___
pcantonius
spearo

Postby stoneshotkilla » July 22nd, 2015, 8:56 am

7/22/15 anyone diving catalina today?
stoneshotkilla
noob

Postby stoneshotkilla » August 20th, 2015, 11:09 am

anyone going to be in catalina to dive 8/20/15
stoneshotkilla
noob

Postby Surfair72 » November 22nd, 2015, 6:26 pm

Looks like I am a year or two late on this thread but I have a boat in Oceanside and a schedule that varies alot. New to the sight but not new to diving.
Surfair72
polespearo

Postby MastaBlasta » December 10th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Surfair72 wrote:Looks like I am a year or two late on this thread but I have a boat in Oceanside and a schedule that varies alot. New to the sight but not new to diving.

Welcome to the site. Get connected and find some buddies to dive with, so as to ensure that you can be in the water when the weather permits. I don't dive alone, and like to practice safe diving. If you ever go out and want to get some bugs or shoot somethin let me know. Enjoy the Holidays!
Respectfully,
Will Silvey
MastaBlasta
noob

Postby Straz » December 11th, 2015, 6:26 am

Welcome to the site. Get connected and find some buddies to dive with, so as to ensure that you can be in the water when the weather permits. I don't dive alone, and like to practice safe diving. If you ever go out and want to get some bugs or shoot somethin let me know. Enjoy the Holidays![/quote]

Ohhhhhhhh
Straz
spearo

Scuba for Lobster This Week in LA. My Boat

Postby CATSAS-S® » February 7th, 2016, 9:22 pm

I'm looking to get out 2-3 times this week for lobster on tanks. I have an Avon Searider RIB out of San Pedro. Non smoking boat. Cheap on gas. If interested, send me a PM.
CATSAS-S®
spearo

Postby Moondogie » February 20th, 2016, 10:22 am

I'm in town for a conference with the wife, then going to LA to catch up with some bros and hit the sand dollar charter out to Catalina the 8th-10th. Other than taking her to the zoo, I'm pretty flexible for diving. Does anyone have recommendations? I'll post up again when I get there and see if I can't tag along with anyone going out. I'd like to shoot a few fish, but just as happy to see cool stuff and shoot some video. Thank in advance.

Here's a few of my vids

https://vimeo.com/117601455

https://vimeo.com/100275904
Moondogie
noob

Postby stoneshotkilla » March 22nd, 2016, 6:55 pm

anyone who dives LA area let me know... i only got one dive buddy and he doesnt have much time. send me a message to facebook. look me up chase herrera...
stoneshotkilla
noob

Postby CATSAS-S® » May 18th, 2016, 2:53 pm

I'm taking my 14' Avon RIB out of San Pedro tomorrow morning to hit LA. I haven't been out for a while and my usual dive partner can't come. If anyone wants to hop on, send me a PM with your contact info.
CATSAS-S®
spearo

WSB feeevah

Postby Johnny5Dubya » May 25th, 2016, 6:54 am

New England young gun in San Diego for about 6 months now... (Oceanside) and still have not gotten a shot at a WSB. Have had offers to go out, but due to conflicting schedules I have been doing shore dives primarily... Completed my level 1 Fii Freedive course this weekend with Jeremy up in OC, so I'm ready to get out with some experienced spearos!
Johnny5Dubya
noob

Postby CATSAS-S® » July 3rd, 2016, 6:49 pm

I'm looking for an adventurous soul or two skinny ones with a bit of experience to cross to Catalina via Twin Harbors on Tuesday July 5th from San Pedro on my 13' Avon Searider, paddie-hopping when we see them along the way looking for yellowtail and maybe even get a chance at Tuna, then hitting the northeast side. I'd want to meet up around 6:30am at Cabrillo Marina Dry Storage where I have my boat and plan to leave by 7:30am latest (weather depending of course)

I'm also looking to get on any bigger boats for Tuna anywhere in SoCal down to San Diego and will happily chip in for costs and help clean the boat and such. I have time during the week or weekends. I'm an actor, so my schedule is pretty flexible. I doubt I'll get another chance in my lifetime to get a tuna, so it would be a blast even to be in the water and see one with a spear in my hand let alone nail one.
CATSAS-S®
spearo

Postby CATSAS-S® » July 6th, 2016, 8:55 am

Sold my RIB yesterday, so now looking to pay my way on some boats from SD to Channel Islands. Thanks!
CATSAS-S®
spearo

PreviousNext

Return to California & Baja