The 2017 Randy Fry Memorial Big X dive event October 14th at

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

The 2017 Randy Fry Memorial Big X dive event October 14th at

Postby Matt mattison » September 6th, 2017, 11:13 am

The 2017 Randy Fry Memorial Big X dive event
Saturday, October 14 at 8 PM - 11 PM
KOA-Manchester Beach
44300 Kinney Rd, Mendocino, California 95459

Also 100% of all proceeds are being donated to the Watermens Alliance to fund the Sea Urchin removal project, to help save the abalone fishery

This years Randy Fry memorial "Big X" will be held at the Manchester KOA campground in Manchester California.
Please check with the Manchester KOA for camping or cabin accommodations prior to the tournament. Phone # for the Manchester KOA is 707-882-2375. Book early.
Ticket sales are now available but T-Shirts will be ordered around the end of September in order to have them in time for the tournament. EXTRA T-SHIRTS WILL BE ORDERED GUESSING AT SIZING, BUT SIZING CANNOT BE GUARANTEED FOR THOSE WHO SIGN UP AFTER THE T-SHIRTS ARE ORDERED. Tournament sales may be available the day of the tournament for CASH ONLY. T-Shirts will be available on a first come first served basis for "Day Of" sign ups again for CASH ONLY.
Check in for the tournament begins at 6:30 am near the camp office and store. The tournament starts at 8:00 am. Divers will be released for tournament upon registering in order to get to your dive destination. Do not enter the water with abalone fishing equipment before 8 am. (California Department of Fish and Wildlife do not allow taking abalone fishing gear in the water before 8 am. Doing so makes you subject to a citation.) You will be required to check in with your dive buddy. No solo divers. Dive buddies must both check in together after diving before either will be allowed to weigh in. You must be in the check in line no later than 2 pm for your catch to be eligible.
Upon check in, you will recieve your wristband for lunch. Food will be available for non participants for $10.00 per person. You may sign up here for prepaid non tournament participant lunches. Non tournament participants who pay for lunches online here MUST PRINT TICKETS ONCE PURCHASED, AND SHOW AS PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR LUNCHES.
Rules for the tournament:
Largest aggregate pound weight of fish from 5 SPECIFIC species listed below:
Blue Rockfish
Black Rockfish
Lincod (must be 30")
Cabezone (must be 15")
Vermillion or Halibut (Halibut must be 22")
All fish must be at least 14" in length unless otherwise specified above.
A 10 point bonus for having each of the 5 fish sized as stated above.
Abalone must be 9" to enter. 10 points for an Abalone 9" or greater. Points go up for larger abalone.
Catagories to be judged:
General Admission 1st place for the most points.
General Admission Largest Abalone
Junior's 1st place for the most points. (Junior is under 18 years of age.)
Junior's Largest Abalone
Women's 1st place for the most points
Women's Largest Abalone.
Honorable mentions for 2nd and 3rd place for points and abalone in these same categories.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME & SUPPORTIVE SPONSORS
Matt mattison
spearo

Re: The 2017 Randy Fry Memorial Big X dive event October 14t

Postby Matt mattison » September 6th, 2017, 11:16 am

I would like to thank Zenon Issel and the awesome folks at surf-fur for donating a surfcheck hoodie

I also donated to 2 of these custom abalone irons with mirror finish to the raffle table as well.

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 7th, 2017, 1:38 pm

To sign up and register here is the event page web link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-big-x- ... 4675476283

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 8th, 2017, 8:22 am

I would like to thank Walter Inman for donating a case of wine that can be auctioned into 2 different lots of 6btls with value of 3-400$

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 8th, 2017, 9:43 am

I would like to thank Luis Hernandez for donating a case of wine, and a pair of booty fins , for board / surf to the raffle table

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 11th, 2017, 1:00 pm

I would like to thank Kris Cortez for Donating a FII level 1 free dive course to the Randy Fry raffle table !!!! to register and sign up click here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-big-x- ... 4675476283

Last edited by Matt mattison on September 13th, 2017, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 12th, 2017, 12:44 pm

I would like to thank the following for donating to the randy fry raffle table, Gift certificate from Little River Inn for a round of golf for two and 15% off room rental, Neptonics systems float tube cover with inner tube, ab iron and gage with assorted stickers, Julie Riffe and the rest of the Riffe family for donating several speargun blanks for a trophy chair.

raffle prize and sponsor list

1. Walter Inman for donating a case of wine that can be raffled into 2 different lots of 6btls with value of 3-400$
2. Luis Hernandez for donating a case of wine, and a pair of booty fins , for board / surf .
3. Kris Cortez for Donating a FII level 1 free dive course
4. Zenon Issel and the awesome folks at surf-fur for donating a surfcheck hoodie
5. Gift certificate from Little River Inn for a round of golf for two and 15% off room rental
6. Neptonics systems float tube cover with inner tube, ab iron and gage with assorted stickers
7. Julie Riffe spearguns blanks for the trophy chair

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 13th, 2017, 9:17 am

I would like to thank Dennis Haussler of20Fathoms for donating a Pair of Free dive blades to the randy fry Raffle table as well as
I would like to thank Daniel Semard of oregon freediving company
for donating a bad ass VIBE cooler to the Randy Fry Raffle table

1. Walter Inman for donating a case of wine that can be raffled into 2 different lots of 6btls with value of 3-400$
2. Luis Hernandez for donating a case of wine, and a pair of booty fins , for board / surf .
4. Zenon Issel and the awesome folks at surf-fur for donating a surfcheck hoodie
5. Gift certificate from Little River Inn for a round of golf for two and 15% off room rental
6. Neptonics systems float tube cover with inner tube, ab iron and gage with assorted stickers
8. Dennis Haussler of 20Fathoms Pair of Free dive blades
9. Daniel Semard of Oregon freediving company donated a VIBE cooler

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 15th, 2017, 9:05 am

I would like to thank Jason Woody of Mutiny Dive Co for donating some Lobster catch bags

10. Mutiny Dive Co, Jason Woody for donating some lobster bags

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 15th, 2017, 9:19 am

I would like to thank Donna and Jorge Martinez of ABALONE BAY, for Donating a TWO NIGHT STAY AT ABALONE BAY AT SEA RANCH VALUED AT $1500 ~ Valid through June 30, 2018

12. Donna and Jorge Martinez of ABALONE BAY, TWO NIGHT STAY VALUED AT $1500 ~ Valid through June 30, 2018.

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 20th, 2017, 7:19 am

I would like to than the following people for being so generous and supportive of the Randy Fry Raffle Table

1. Blake Tallmen at Subsurface progression gift certificates and other stuff

2. Amadeo Bachar for donating some of his awesome Prints

3. Tosca and the folks at RIFFE for donating a RIFFE Euro 90 teak speargun along with some T's and Hats

4. Captain Ryan Sweeney of Brink Expeditions donated a full day charter for two $640 value

and here is a list of others that have donated already !! just wow !!

12. Donna and Jorge Martinez of ABALONE BAY, TWO NIGHT STAY VALUED AT $1500 ~ Valid through June 30, 2018.

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 22nd, 2017, 12:17 pm

UPDATE

9. Daniel Semard of Oregon Freediving Company donated a VIBE cooler

11. Donna and Jorge Martinez of ABALONE BAY, TWO NIGHT STAY VALUED AT $1500 ~ Valid through June 30, 2018.
12. Tosca and the folks at RIFFE are donating a RIFFE Euro 90 teak speargun along with some T's and Hats
13. Matt Mattison 2 abalone bars
14. Blake Tallmen at Subsurface progression gift certificates and other stuff

15. Amadeo bachar Prints

16. Captain Ryan Sweeney of Brink Expeditions donated a full day charter for two $640 value
17. Tom Stone and Sonoma Coast Divers Sportube case and pair of Omer freedive fins
18. Todd and Seamus of Huish Outdoors for donating 2 - Stahlsac 36" Mesh Duffel bags 2 - Atomic Frameless mask.

19. Garo and the folks at Gannet Dive Co. 100ft float line, t shirts and hats.

to register click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-big-x- ... 4675476283

Also 100% of all proceeds are being donated to the Watermens Alliance to fund the Sea Urchin removal project, to help save the abalone fishery

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 25th, 2017, 8:54 am

I would like to thank Chuck Petty from Petty Construction for a $100 cash Donation to the randy fry event

along with the following

11. Donna and Jorge Martinez of ABALONE BAY, TWO NIGHT STAY VALUED AT $1500 ~ Valid through June 30, 2018.
12. Tosca and the folks at RIFFE are donating a RIFFE Euro 90 teak speargun along with some T's and Hats
13. Matt Mattison 2 abalone bars

15. Amadeo bachar Prints

16. Captain Ryan Sweeney of Brink Expeditions donated a full day charter for two $640 value
17. Tom Stone and Sonoma Coast Divers Sportube case and pair of Omer freedive fins
18. Todd and Seamus of Huish Outdoors for donating 2 - Stahlsac 36" Mesh Duffel bags 2 - Atomic Frameless mask.

19. Garo and the folks at Gannet Dive Co. 100ft float line, t shirts and hats.

to register click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-big-x- ... 4675476283

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 25th, 2017, 10:46 am

I will be donating 2 purchased underwater prints Image

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 26th, 2017, 10:43 am

I would like to thank Gregg Shimaura and Keli’s Ocean sports for donating a BanksBoard to the Randy Fry Raffle table

The raffle table is shaping up to be real nice !!! with more sponsors and donations coming in every few days
4. Zenon Issel and the awesome folks at surf-fur for donating a surfcheck hoodie – Mike has it
5. Gift certificate from Little River Inn for a round of golf for two and 15% off room rental ---- Josh has it
13. Matt Mattison 2 abalone bars and 2 underwater prints--- Mike has them
15. Amadeo bachar Prints
19. Garo and the folks at Gannet Dive Co. 100ft float line,4- t shirts and 4- hats.
20. Chuck Petty from Petty Construction for a $100 cash Donation to the randy fry event
21. Gregg Shimaura and Keli’s Ocean sports BanksBoard package

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 26th, 2017, 11:27 am

I would like to thank Garo and the awesome folks at Gannet Dive co. for donating a 100ft float line,4- t shirts and 4- hats. tot he Randy Fry Raffle table

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 26th, 2017, 11:29 am

I would like to thank Evan Snyder from Evolve USA for donating some pole spears and tips

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 26th, 2017, 11:35 am

I would like to thank Kyle Faust and the folks at OMER America for donating 2 bags with mono/crimps 1-bandit exclusive mask 1-IRG weight vest and 1-speargun bag tot he Randy fry Raffle table Image

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 26th, 2017, 11:42 am

I would like tot hank Davis Shur of Sea Shur Jewelry for donating a piece of his handmade jewelry to the randy fry Raffle table. https://www.seashurjewelry.com/

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 26th, 2017, 11:46 am

I would like to thank Reefreaper spearfishing for donating some items tot he Randy Fry Raffle table check them out at https://reefreaperspearfishing.com/

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 26th, 2017, 11:47 am

I would like to thank Todd and Seamus of Huish Outdoors for donating 2 - Stahlsac 36" Mesh Duffel bags 2 - Atomic Frameless mask tot he randy fry raffle table

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 26th, 2017, 11:50 am

I would like to thank Vanessa & Greg, Rebecca and the rest of the folks at the free dive shop for donating ot he randy fry raffle table

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 26th, 2017, 12:30 pm

I would like to thank Blake Tallmen at Subsurface progression for donating gift certificates and other stuff

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 27th, 2017, 7:23 am

I would like to thank Scott and folks at Seals Dive & Surf for Donating Spora sub Dive Float,Spora Sub weight vest, 2 T shirts, 1 Hoodie and one scuba tank water bottle. To the Randy Fry Raffle table
check out there web site at https://www.sealswatersports.com/

What an awesome showing of support from the sponsors !
13. Matt Mattison 2 abalone bars and 2 underwater prints
15. Amadeo bachar Prints
19. Garo and the folks at Gannet Dive Co. 100ft float line,4- t shirts and 4- hats.
20. Chuck Petty from Petty Construction for a $100 cash Donation to the randy fry event
21. Sea Shur Jewerly
22. Reefreaper spearfishing
23. Evan Snyder from Evolve USA
24. Gregg Shimaura and Keli’s Ocean sports BanksBoard package
25. Scott and folks at Seals Dive & Surf for Donated Spora sub Dive Float,Spora Sub weight vest, 2 T shirts, 1 Hoodie and one scuba tank water bottle
26. Kyle Faust and the folks at OMER America for donating 2 bags with mono/crimps 1-bandit exclusive mask 1-IRG weight vest and 1-speargun bag
27. Vanessa & Greg, Rebeca and the rest of the folks at the free dive shop

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 28th, 2017, 6:46 am

I would like to thank Garo and the awesome folks at Gannet Dive co. for the donation to the Randy Fry Raffle table of 100ft float line,4- t shirts and 4- hats

15. Amadeo bachar Prints
21. Sea Shur Jewerly
25. Scott and folks at Seals Dive & Surf for Donated Spora sub Dive Float,Spora Sub weight vest, 2 T shirts, 1 Hoodie and one scuba tank water bottle
26. Kyle Faust and the folks at OMER America for donating 2 bags with mono/crimps 1-bandit exclusive mask 1-IRG weight vest and 1-speargun bag

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 28th, 2017, 6:56 am

I would like to thank Todd and Seamus of Huish Outdoors for donating 2 - Stahlsac 36" Mesh Duffel bags 2 - Atomic Frameless mask to to the Randy Fry Raffle Table

15. Amadeo bachar Prints
21. Sea Shur Jewerly

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 28th, 2017, 7:00 am

I would like to thank Nick Stone and family for donating a couple of mud bath treatments for the ladies to the Randy Fry Raffle Table

15. Amadeo bachar Prints
21. Sea Shur Jewerly
28. Nick Stone and family for donating a couple of mud bath treatments

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Bowhunter » September 28th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Great job Matt,
Gathering prizes is a hard job,thanks for you effort and time.
Chuck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Bowhunter
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 29th, 2017, 5:59 am

Kyle Faust and the folks at OMER America for donating 2 bags with mono/crimps 1-bandit exclusive mask 1-IRG weight vest and 1-speargun bag tot he Randy Fry Raffle Table, Thank you for your support

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » September 29th, 2017, 6:05 am

I would like to thank the OC Spearo's for their over the top donation of $300 Dollars cash to the Randy Fry Event !!! WOW Thank you so much to the entire club for your help and support.

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 2nd, 2017, 6:29 am

I would like to thank National Divers fro donating a bunch of kid toys and so awesome water color prints

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 2nd, 2017, 6:38 am

I would like to thank Ryan Giammona for donating this awesome ling and vermilion Metal Art

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 2nd, 2017, 6:42 am

I would like to thank Eric Clawson of Reefreaper Spearfishing for there donation of hats T shirts tot he randy fry raffle table https://reefreaperspearfishing.com/

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 2nd, 2017, 6:47 am

I would like to thank Walter Inman for his donation of wine and Other great tasting drinks to the Randy Fry Raffle Table

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Trace » October 2nd, 2017, 11:26 am

Wow! The list keeps going & going.....
Trace
kook

Postby Matt mattison » October 2nd, 2017, 12:07 pm

Trace wrote:Wow! The list keeps going & going.....

yup more coming in daily, We will be raffling off well over 10K in prizes !!!

also the dive event will be fun as well so be sure to sign up at

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-big-x- ... 4675476283

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 3rd, 2017, 6:46 am

I would like to thank Vanessa & Greg Fonts and Rebecca of the free dive shop for their awesome donation of a Rob Allen Open cell Wet suit, Rob Allen Hot and some Ultimate spearingfishing magazines to the Randy Fry Raffle Table,
Check them out at https://www.freediveshop.com/

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 3rd, 2017, 11:34 am

I would like to thank Michael Mercer of Scaleprints.com for Donating a Fish scale print gift certificate tot he Randy Fry raffle table
check out the web site at https://www.scaleprints.com/

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 3rd, 2017, 11:39 am

I would like to thank Heath Blackwell and family for Donating a pair of esclapez free dive fins to the Randy Fry Raffle table

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 3rd, 2017, 11:44 am

WOW What amazing support from friends, private individuals,Dive clubs and various Business to the Randy Fry Spearfishing and Big Abalone comp and Raffle fundraiser !!! so far well over 10K in prizes to be raffled off !!! Be sure to either sign up for the comp or just come out for the fun and the RAFFLE online sign up at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-big-x- ... 4675476283

All proceeds go tot he watermens alliance and the Sea Urchin removal project to help save the abalone health and kelp growth in our ocean eco system.

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 6th, 2017, 6:08 am

I would like to thank Evan Snyder from Evolve USA for Donating 1- 3 piece Carbon Fiber pole Spear and 1-3 piece Aluminium pole spear to the Randy Fry Raffle Table. check them out at https://www.evolvediving.com/collections/polespear

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 6th, 2017, 8:36 am

I would like to thank Nick Stone and Family for donating a Gift certificate for 2 mud bath treatments at the Roman spa in Calistoga ca. To the Randy Fry Raffle Table,
check out there web site at http://bathsromanspa.com/

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 6th, 2017, 11:28 am

I would like to thank John Martin of Ling Hunt Pole spears for Donating a LingHunt pole spear to the Randy Fry Raffle table
Check out there web site at http://linghunt.com/PoleSpearHOME.html

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Bowhunter » October 6th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Damn fine prize table you have amassed , Matt.
Great job, hats off to you
Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bowhunter
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 7th, 2017, 8:31 am

Bowhunter wrote:Damn fine prize table you have amassed , Matt.
Great job, hats off to you
Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks but it is all due to the very Generous and supportive sponsors. I look forward to seeing as many of my friends in divers as possible. Remember all the proceeds go to the Waterman‘s Alliance to help pay for the sea urchin removal program to help the health of the abalone fishery and kelp growth

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 11th, 2017, 8:02 am

I would like to thank Blake Tallmen at Subsurface progression 2-$50 gift certificates, 2 hoodies,3 hats, float line and 2 9 inch abalone gauges to the randy fry raffle table, check out sub surface progression facebook page https://www.facebook.com/divesubsurface/

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 11th, 2017, 9:41 am

Hey all just a friendly reminder this Saturday is the Randy Fry Spearfishing and Big Abalone comp and raffle fundraiser. We will be raising money for the sea urchin removal project to help with the abalone fishery and ocean eco system. We will be raffling off over 10K in prizes !!! Please sign up if you are a diver and if not it is worth coming just for the raffle alone !!! Event October 14th, 2017 at the Manchester KOA campground Address: 44300 Kinney Rd, Manchester, CA 95459 Phone: (707) 882-2375

Sponsor and donation list

4. Zenon Issel and the awesome folks at surf-fur for donating a surfcheck hoodie – Mike has it
10. Mutiny Dive Co, Jason Woody for donating a lobster flash light gauge
12. Tosca and the folks at RIFFE are donating a RIFFE Euro 90 teak spear gun along with some T's and Hats
14. Blake Tallmen at Subsurface progression 2-$50 gift certificates, 2 hoodies,3 hats, float line and 2 9 inch abalone gauges
15. Amadeo bachar Prints
21. Reefreaper spearfishing Hats and T shirts
22. Evan Snyder from Evolve USA
23. Gregg Shimaura and Keli’s Ocean sports BanksBoard package
24. Scott and folks at Seals Dive & Surf for Donated Spora sub Dive Float,Spora Sub weight vest, 2 T shirts, 1 Hoodie and one scuba tank water bottle
25. Kyle Faust and the folks at OMER America for donating 2 bags with mono/crimps 1-bandit exclusive mask 1-IRG weight vest and 1-speargun bag
26. Vanessa & Greg, Rebeca and the rest of the folks at the free dive shop
27. Nick Stone for donating a couple of mud bath treatments
28. John Martin of Ling Hunt Pole spears
29. OC Spearos Dive Club Donated $300 to the event
30. National divers Toys, and art prints
31. Ryan Giammona Matal Art
32. Michael Mercer of Scalprints.com for Donating a Fish scale print gift certificate
33. Heath Blackwell and Family for donating a pair of esclapez fins
34. Claveys Kayak donated a weekend Kayak rental

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 11th, 2017, 11:18 am

I would like to thank the OC SPEARO'S for their $300 Dollar cash donation to the randy fry fundraiser Check out their web site at http://www.ocspearos.org/

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 12th, 2017, 11:27 am

I would like to thank Warren Bird of HECS aquatic for a donation of a gift certificate for $500 dollars off a custom fitted suit retail value $1050 after use of this awesome gift certificate cost of suit $500 to the Randy Fry raffle table. Check their web site at https://www.hecsaquatic.com/

Matt mattison
spearo

Postby Matt mattison » October 12th, 2017, 3:31 pm

I would like to thank Amadeo Bachar for his awesome donation to the Randy Fry Raffle table. Check out his web site at https://studio-abachar.myshopify.com/

Matt mattison
spearo

Next

Return to California & Baja