World Class Yellowfin!

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

World Class Yellowfin!

Postby malibujohn » December 20th, 2017, 6:16 am

Looking for three guys with a flexible schedule, a few bucks and a desire to take a record yellowfin. The Osuna brothers located in the La Cruz marina are bringing back some monster fish, as are some of the commercial guys. My boat is currently out of commish, as I was having problems with the 200 opti's I was running. The silver lining though is the boat is currently getting repowered wiith two 300 four stroke Verado's! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The Marla boats (Osuna's) run multi day trips out to the Tres Marias Islands. They run Blackfin boats and I believe the big one is a 42. The cost of the trip would be $2,000.00 and would cover everything except tipping the crew. That would mean transportation to and from airport, Accommodations for the night before and after the charter (you can even stay longer if desired) at our beautiful beachfront home, Boat charter, Meals and snacks, Vacuum packing of 50 lbs. of fish to take back, Guns and gear ( if needed ). He has an open slot from the 22nd to the 30th of this month. After that he is booked through February! This is basically a 5 day trip with 3 on the boat.
The big fish are 90-100 out with a shit ton of smaller fish at the first island (60 miles). Those fish are 100-200 lbs. The fish at the outer island are 200-400 lbs!! :eek: I have personally seen a 347 and a 375 (that had tail cut off a foot up, to fit in cooler) weighed and heard of bigger. You also have the option of fishing them as these guys have all the best tackle included.
You can contact me at here, 818-601-9926 or johnnyultimate@live.com.
malibujohn
kook

Re: World Class Yellowfin!

Postby squidhunter » December 20th, 2017, 8:23 am

I need to go start a gofundme account for giant yellowfin hahahaha dangit im so broke right now or else id be on the next flight down John!! Shoot one please!!! :eek3dance:
squidhunter
spearo

Postby Errin » December 20th, 2017, 8:51 am

Can't wait to hear the report and see some slugs!

Go gettem'
Errin
spearo

Postby dam » December 20th, 2017, 10:04 am

That dive's been on my bucket list for a while now. Hope you can raise a crew and get out there, John. Let us live vicariously through you!
dam
diving god

Postby malibujohn » December 20th, 2017, 10:39 am

dam wrote:That dive's been on my bucket list for a while now. Hope you can raise a crew and get out there, John. Let us live vicariously through you!

I hope everyone doesn't think that way! :angry-nono: You guys just gotta grab a carry on and Go!!! I take care of the rest. Air fare is cheap and its a 3 hr. flight! 353 is the record and ripe to fall!!!

Luck is when opportunity meets preparedness!!! And did I mention the 100 lb. pargo that are there. Inshore diving in the evenings!

Gotta be someone out there with their balls left! :ughjerkit:
malibujohn
kook

Postby Errin » December 20th, 2017, 11:08 am

Definitely not lacking in Balls amigo, just cash!

Where's SickBoyRoy?
Errin
spearo

Postby alashaman » December 20th, 2017, 11:14 am

That is a sick fish report, shame I have family holiday obligations and cant break away. Sorry to hear about the boat engines... I know you just replaced the lower on one of them.
alashaman
spearo

Postby malibujohn » December 20th, 2017, 11:34 am

alashaman wrote:That is a sick fish report, shame I have family holiday obligations and cant break away. Sorry to hear about the boat engines... I know you just replaced the lower on one of them.

Ya, it's a travesty that I'm putting brand new 300's on it. I'm pretty broken up about it! :bow-blue:
malibujohn
kook

Postby castronova » December 21st, 2017, 6:34 am

Holy shit, someone jump on this. If I didn't have a 3 month old baby I'd come from the east coast. Hope you make it John and good luck.

Verado's are everywhere in the keys and South Florida, badass motors. They are bulletproof.
castronova
prick

Postby VangysWay » December 21st, 2017, 11:08 am

Reading this kills me as I'm already set to fly to La Paz with Pierre on Saturday to dive with Pistoleros for a week... fugg!
VangysWay
prick

Postby malibujohn » December 21st, 2017, 12:36 pm

Looking like one diver on board for the 26th to the 30th. Fly in 26th, 2.5 days boat and fly out the 30th. This will be alternate team diving. On spots of fish, and some run and gun. I have a tuna board for fish like this and multiple floats, riffe and gannet with 100 bungies. As far as guns, I have one 70 inch 6 band shooting a 72 inch 3/8 shaft and multiple 67+ shooting 11/32 shafts. All with cable and mori tips! I did speak with one of the Osuna brothers this morning and they say this is one of best years ever and only getting better. With the new motors I should be able to run overnights probably by the middle of January. 3 guys! Plus, where else can you fly in, drop your bag, sip a mojito and go Beach dive for mahi! ;)
malibujohn
kook

Postby KelpChaka » December 22nd, 2017, 7:53 pm

MJ, John and I can' wait to come hunt with you. I'm nursing an injury so I'm out for another few months, but I'm pumped to come hunt. Hope you are doing well. Merry Christmas!

Lee
KelpChaka
polespearo

Postby Behslayer » December 22nd, 2017, 11:55 pm

I'm hoping this thread ends with a 350lb Itoldyouso.
Behslayer
spearo

Postby chris oak » December 23rd, 2017, 11:24 pm

That's awesome MJ. I hope you put the spear into a monster yellowfin soon. Congrats on the shore dive mahi, thats freaking epic!!!
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby Captn Ron » December 24th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Hey M.J. Just saw this on Christmas Eve. Maybe in the future......I need to go!!!
i swim in circles alot
Captn Ron
spearo

Return to California & Baja