Merry Christmas everyone

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

Merry Christmas everyone

Postby dam » December 25th, 2017, 11:39 am

I got to go out for a lobster dive yesterday. Gorgeous condition. Got my limit for the holidays. It's a pretty good Xmas so far! Anyone else did anything fun? :romance-threesome: :gay:
dam
diving god

Re: Merry Christmas everyone

Postby Freeryde » December 25th, 2017, 12:16 pm

I got out diving with my kids yesterday. As you said the conditions and vis were great. My kids shot some fish and I caught 4 nice bugs. I think it’s gonna be. A good winter for diving this year.
Attachments
Joe Newlon
Freeryde
sea slayer

Postby chris oak » December 25th, 2017, 2:17 pm

That's a nice bug Joe! I'm on kid duty until my son is back in school tomorrow but I snuck out last week and got some bugs. I got a bug assalt for one of my xmas gifts, I'd highly recommend it. It uses salt and a pump gun kind of thing, I immediately took it out this morning and dusted some flies in the backyard, soooo much fun and gratifying.

I'm hoping to sneak out sometime this week from work just to shoot some reefies for my inlaws.
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby malibujohn » December 25th, 2017, 4:02 pm

chris oak wrote:That's a nice bug Joe! I'm on kid duty until my son is back in school tomorrow but I snuck out last week and got some bugs. I got a bug assalt for one of my xmas gifts, I'd highly recommend it. It uses salt and a pump gun kind of thing, I immediately took it out this morning and dusted some flies in the backyard, soooo much fun and gratifying.

I'm hoping to sneak out sometime this week from work just to shoot some reefies for my inlaws.

That's funny Chris. My girl was running around all summer with her tennis raquet mosquito zapper, and she said the same thing!! :eusa-dance:
I was in the water from 9-12 this morning diving the breakwall at La Cruz harbor. water is still 80-82 and I got a bunch of parrot fish, triggers and small snapper. Would swim em over to the rocks and give em to the locals that are handlining. With a lil feliz navidad thrown in. They LOVED it!!! I should have had a santa hat on! :handgestures-thumbupleft: Feliz Navidad to all you mofo's!!
malibujohn
kook

Postby Freeryde » December 25th, 2017, 4:09 pm

I was in the water from 9-12 this morning diving the breakwall at La Cruz harbor. water is still 80-82 and I got a bunch of parrot fish, triggers and small snapper. Would swim em over to the rocks and give em to the locals that are handlining. With a lil feliz navidad thrown in. They LOVED it!!! I should have had a santa hat on! :handgestures-thumbupleft: Feliz Navidad to all you mofo's!!

Be careful with those triggers John. I’m sure you know they bite! I lost the tip of my finger to a huge grey trigger my son shot on the tip of Punta Mita
Joe Newlon
Freeryde
sea slayer

Postby John Hughes » December 25th, 2017, 4:12 pm

Merry Christmas ladies. Had a great day today with the 3 year old and of course the new born slept through the whole day. So much fun playing Santa all day!

I was out a few days ago hunting calicos and ended up with a small seabass for xmas. Little 12 lbr but I'm not complaining in December. I also went by Mori's house for something and he ended up showing me my new 67" gun that is in the finishing phases. Super stoked on both accounts!

I'm leaving for the outer islands for the next 3 days so hopefully I'll have something to report when I return.

John Hughes
cupcake

Postby VAQUERO » December 25th, 2017, 4:41 pm

What was I just saying the other day about frivolous gun purchases? Very, very nice. I like it - I need one? Maybe next year.... Congrats.

BTW, did you get that reel from Josh & Ray in San Diego? Looks familiar.
Vaqueroz Del Mar - San Diego's Freedive Spearfishing Charter

Facebook: www.SanDiego-Freedive-Spearfishing-Charters.com
VAQUERO
noob

Postby John Hughes » December 25th, 2017, 6:56 pm

VAQUERO wrote:
BTW, did you get that reel from Josh & Ray in San Diego? Looks familiar.

I believe it did come from those guys but I'm not sure. I've got a good friend in SD that had a couple and gave me one since he knows I'm a reel guy and he's so generous. I'm really looking forward to trying it out in some blue water!
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby dam » December 25th, 2017, 10:30 pm

That's a pretty sick gun, John. Congrats on it, and also the biggest wsb you'll shoot this season. :eusa-clap:
dam
diving god

Postby castronova » December 26th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Damn nice gun there John.

I had some pre-Christmas fun. Went out last year with a buddy of mine on Christmas Eve and shot 2 40# wahoo and were home by 10am. Thought we’d make it a tradition. The water was clear but no hoo’s this time. Dove down in the chum and there were black groupers eating 40’ off the bottom in 120’. :D

We took our 3 fish and were back at the dock by 10:45.

Merry Christmas from Florida guys.

castronova
prick

Postby BigJim » December 27th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Hope you all had a great Christmas!!

I got a dive in with two good buddies on 12/23 and then headed straight to the inlaws in wonderful Bakersfield. :rolls:

Great day on the water with my friends, and while it wasn't super fishy we all brought home some quality eats.

Steve took a big fat Red, and a beautiful meaty golden Ling.

I found a nice Ling chilling in a shallow cave and helped guide Bryan to it...he only has one eye so took him a few drops to see her but eventually he did and planted a nice shot right in her eyeball....his biggest so far! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I took a chunky Cabezon from the same crack system that produced Steve's fish, then a meaty Grassy, and finally a solid Red from a tight hole...the Red wouldn't gimme a head shot so had to blast her in the pec fin. :ugh: :rofl:

Combined the fishies made a nice looking festive colorful tankwell! ;)

Was worried my three fishies wouldn't feed all my inlaws, but I baked the heads and collars and steaked Cabezon, fried the belly meat, and made fish tacos from the boneless fillets and there was plenty for all, and even took my time and got two more nice Red stones for my collection. :eusa-dance:

Already looking forward to getting back out there again!!

:greetings-wavingyellow:

Sincerely,

Jim

ps...quick IG edit I put together:

https://instagram.com/p/BdMZ1-0nNCu/
BigJim
prick

Postby Trace » December 27th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Great work Jim!
Trace
kook

Postby dam » January 2nd, 2018, 11:51 am

Damn, JP. Those are some nice grouper. Not sure how you're gonna top it next Xmas.
dam
diving god

Postby dam » January 2nd, 2018, 11:52 am

You always do it in style, Jim. Good job!
BigJim wrote:
I found a nice Ling chilling in a shallow cave and helped guide Bryan to it...he only has one eye so took him a few drops to see her but eventually he did and planted a nice shot right in her eyeball....his biggest so far! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

BryanLing.jpeg

Although I'm not sure if this is an insult I'd typically use on my buddies or if he really has 1 eye... :p
dam
diving god

Postby BigJim » January 2nd, 2018, 11:57 am

dam wrote:You always do it in style, Jim. Good job!
BigJim wrote:

BryanLing.jpeg

Although I'm not sure if this is an insult I'd typically use on my buddies or if he really has 1 eye... :p

:rofl:

Yeah he really only has one eye...got in a real bad car accident and to be honest is lucky to be alive...

Figure it's a good excuse though for when he misses.

;)

:greetings-wavingyellow:

Sincerely,

Jim
BigJim
prick

Return to California & Baja