Update Commercial Sea Urchin removal project & the Recreatio

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

Update Commercial Sea Urchin removal project & the Recreatio

Postby Matt mattison » January 31st, 2018, 12:00 pm

A little update from Joshua Russo on the Commercial Sea Urchin removal project and the Recreational effort as well,
From Josh-- "The commercial phase of the operation is up and running in Caspar. Our divers are diving every diveable day and removing as much as they can. I've been awarded a grant for an additional $25,000 from Mendocino County Fish and Game which should be enough to fund the entire year of 2018. The grant still needs to be approved by the county supervisors but it should be no problem.

Sonoma- I'm currently working on a temporary mooring permit from the sanctuary. Once I get that Erik Owens, a commercial diver originally from Gualala and the son of Buzz Owens ready to go in Sonoma.

Recreational effort- The department has given me an avenue to get a permit that would allow Watermen's Alliance to use volunteers to help remove urchin. It's not a fast process but it is getting more and more likely. I'm as frustrated as anyone with how long this permit is taking given the importance and the need but all I can do is the footwork fellas."

Thank you Joshua Russo for all the hard work and please let me know what myself and other can do to help ?
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME & SUPPORTIVE SPONSORS
Matt mattison
kook

Return to California & Baja