Its Summer in Australia!

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

Its Summer in Australia!

Postby SeaJay » February 1st, 2018, 4:37 am

The weather cleaned up this week and it looked to be glassed off all day. We anchored up and hoped in, We had never dove here before, so we went on a marathon swim to find ground, didn’t see to much so we headed back to the boat, I got distracted by a big rock in the middle of nowhere in about 60’ it looked so promising! Soon enough I saw the unmistakable head of an MSP sticking out of the ledge, the vis was that good! He booked it to the next rock about 100m away. I breathed up and made a drop to sus it out. I had to crawl inside to even see his fins but knew it was possible. Knowing he would stay in the rock I spent the next few mins breathing, when I was ready I tucked my head and descended. I made it to the cave and wedged myself in it making sure not to make any sound, I saw him drifting in and out of view in this little window, so I lined up my Pathos 115cm right in the window and waited for the ground swell to push his head forward. I took the shot and it was clean through the gill plate! Took a little to wrestle him out of the hole but I was stoked to have my first Moari Sea Perch, and having it be only a stones throw out of cairns made it even more special! Ended up going 8kg(17.6lbs) on the Scale! The reef was full of life, we smashed a few trout, Including a nice Passionfruit! I was lucky enough to shoot a nice 3kg Yellowlip Emperor along with a 7kg Mackerel!

Instagram: @cj_conrad

SeaJay
polespearo

Re: Its Summer in Australia!

Postby TreHut » February 1st, 2018, 1:59 pm

get'em little brother!
:obscene-drinkingcheers:
TreHut
spearo

Postby Trace » February 1st, 2018, 5:13 pm

Living the dream CJ. You have come a long way since I first met you.
Thanks for the great pictures and posts.
Trace
kook

Postby Bigdtheraven » February 1st, 2018, 6:42 pm

I want that hat
Bigdtheraven
noob

Postby dam » February 7th, 2018, 10:25 am

Living the dreams for reals. Keep up with the photos, please!
dam
diving god

Postby chris oak » February 7th, 2018, 11:44 am

You and your warm clear water!!! Keep up the pix CJ, I love living my life through your adventures.
chris oak
Enforcer

Return to California & Baja