white Shark bites kayak at cat

West Coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

white Shark bites kayak at cat

Postby chris oak » October 7th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Some of you guys probably heard the buzz and the story hit the local news:
https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/great-white-shark-takes-bite-out-of-san-diego-mans-kayak-off-catalina-island

A week ago some other divers saw a big gws at ship rk, this is probably the same one. Like I said before though, my guess is that at any given time there are 3 gws around cat. And my guess is also that when the water temp starts to drop they well become more aggressive.

The story I heard originally was it was a 14 foot gws, but the news said 19. Regardless the teeth are huge and it is definitely a mature one, be on your guard guys.
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: white Shark bites kayak at cat

Postby John Hughes » October 7th, 2019, 7:35 pm

The Neptune Fall Classic is next weekend. The boys are going to be hammering that place. :rofl:
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby 32juan » October 7th, 2019, 7:49 pm

I only heard them say 19" bite radius. Nevertheless, it's a big ass shark. I've been getting the heeby jeebeys out there the last few times I've been out. Nice to know my Spidey senses are a on point.

Stay off my spotz
Juan-Carlos Aguilar
ISDC
32juan
spearo

Postby NaClAddict » October 7th, 2019, 8:53 pm

Guy had a shark tattoo, he was teasing it. Just like Oak did when he hopped into the water the second time with that shark. Hey Chris, you should check out the land hunting threads, no GWS there!
NaClAddict
spearo

Postby Andrew » October 7th, 2019, 9:06 pm

The shark had its jaws clamped on the back of the nine-foot-long kayak, inches from McDaniel

A four mile roundtrip with scuba gear in a 9 foot kayak? The shark was just trying to put the guy out of his misery. :D
Andrew
polespearo

Postby VangysWay » October 8th, 2019, 3:45 pm

32juan wrote:I only heard them say 19" bite radius. Nevertheless, it's a big ass shark. I've been getting the heeby jeebeys out there the last few times I've been out. Nice to know my Spidey senses are a on point.

Stay off my spotz

Ditto. Last two times I was there I was diving solo with my GF on the boat and I literally got this full body sensation and kicked my ass back to the rock. :eek3dance:

If I'm going to get eaten, I sure as hell don't want my GF there to witness it :angry-nono:
VangysWay
prick

Postby 32juan » October 9th, 2019, 6:55 am

FYI, Dr. Chris Lowe from CSULB Shark Lab will be chumming for it today. They are going to try and tag it. I'm keeping my ass out the pool today.
Juan-Carlos Aguilar
ISDC
32juan
spearo

Postby Bill McIntyre » October 9th, 2019, 7:18 am

email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby chris oak » October 9th, 2019, 7:52 am

32juan wrote:FYI, Dr. Chris Lowe from CSULB Shark Lab will be chumming for it today. They are going to try and tag it. I'm keeping my ass out the pool today.

Come on Juan, just think of the cool gopro footage you can get!!
chris oak
Enforcer

Return to California & Baja