Awesome shark sighting

Dive deep, throw sand, shoot fish, but above all respect the flag!

Awesome shark sighting

Postby Srbradley » May 3rd, 2014, 1:30 pm

Staying at Ko Olina resort for a work trip. Brought a mask just to check out the reefs and first evening about 5pm we got treated to an awesome shark sighting.

Looked like a very large tiger shark just annihilating something about 75yds offshore. You could clearly make out almost the entire shark. Really cool to see. Now I know why some of the locals said this area was "sharky". :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Srbradley
polespearo

Re: Awesome shark sighting

Postby Turtle » May 7th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Srbradley wrote:Staying at Ko Olina resort for a work trip. Brought a mask just to check out the reefs and first evening about 5pm we got treated to an awesome shark sighting.

Looked like a very large tiger shark just annihilating something about 75yds offshore. You could clearly make out almost the entire shark. Really cool to see. Now I know why some of the locals said this area was "sharky". :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Staying at ko Olina for a work trip? Geez...Hook me up with a job!
Hteik

Dam: "Biiiiitch! 10% of your posts is talking about beers. The rest is talking shit on me
Turtle
kook

Postby chris oak » May 7th, 2014, 2:35 pm

Man we were there last year at the Aulani and I was swimming out in the reefs beyond the small series of coves. There's a big drop off about ten feet out and it runs parallel to the shore. I was following a sea turtle around but the water was a little murky, it looked like a good hunting spot but I got the weirdest feeling there so I went back to the coves. I talked to my buddy who lives there and told him it looked like a good spot to spear but it felt really really sharky and he said there are a lot of tiger sharks that patrol that drop off.
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby Hookin » May 7th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Tigers like to eat turtles too. I have seen some big sharks in really shallow water at Old airport in Kona and at the heiaus in Kawaihae. Seen a few turtles with missing fins too.
Alex
Hookin
prick

Postby GavinTexas » May 10th, 2014, 10:30 am

Was in Wailea for my honeymoon a few months ago. Two weeks after we left someone got hit about 200 yards of our hotel. They definitely got some sharks over there.

Sounds like a cool experience though!
GavinTexas
spearo

Return to Hawaii