Kauai end of July

Dive deep, throw sand, shoot fish, but above all respect the flag!

Kauai end of July

Postby Blaine Morgan » December 29th, 2015, 8:40 am

I'm taking the family out to Kauai the last week of July next summer. We will be staying near Poipu. I'm on the fence to take surfboards and or spearguns. Is it worth bringing any gear or should I just enjoy the snorkel time with the kids? I've been to Maui and Oahu a bunch, but this will be my first time to Kauai. Any info would be great.
Blaine Morgan
paddleboarder

Re: Kauai end of July

Postby NaClAddict » December 31st, 2015, 12:57 pm

There's great diving all around poipu. Kick out anywhere.
NaClAddict
spearo

Postby coreyf » January 6th, 2016, 8:14 am

where are you staying? i've shoredove a little around the princeville area. if you're staying down south in poipu, it isn't too far of a drive up the west side to the end of the road -- polihale. i shore dove around poipu area, just west of all of the mega resorts. there were some fish, but i think it gets hit pretty hard. theres a few surf spots up that way too. (

pack a small 90 cm in your board bag and you should be good. i bought weights when i got there. there are a couple of small dive shops. i remember one in kapa'a, near Tamba surf shop. Theres also Waipuli (sp?) Variety, which is their local sporting goods shop, tha has a decent dive section. Shit, walmart probably has lead.
coreyf
spearo

Postby Blaine Morgan » January 6th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Thanks for the replies. Still a ways off so some time to plan.
Blaine Morgan
paddleboarder

Return to Hawaii