[Video] - Nevada Carp Spearfishing on GoPro

Feeling like you don't belong? No worries, your foreign reports belong here it's all about worldwide access!

[Video] - Nevada Carp Spearfishing on GoPro

Postby spearthebigones » January 16th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Here's a carp spearfishing video I made a while back in Lake Mead, Nevada.

I've been thinking of heading back out there for some more carp shooting lately. It'd make a nice weekend trip from Southern California. Just got to wait for it to get a little warmer.
Daniel
spearthebigones
spearo

Re: [Video] - Nevada Carp Spearfishing on GoPro

Postby tbone1 » February 20th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Nice video
tbone1
noob

Postby Steve G » February 20th, 2018, 9:03 pm

Cool video Daniel. The water is definitely cold right now . I recently had to swim half way across in my under britches to retrieve a duck, thought I was gonna go into cardiac arrest. While standing on the frontage road I saw what looked like an easy 40# carp cruise through an opening in the weeds. Beast.
Steve G
kook

Postby dam » February 21st, 2018, 9:11 am

Cool video. What's the usual visibility there? How big are the carps on average? Shooting a 40lb carp sounds like fun! It's to curb the population, right? :D
dam
diving god

Postby chris oak » February 23rd, 2018, 11:20 am

man that's got to be fun!! Is there anyway that people eat those or are they all muddy?
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby Steve G » February 23rd, 2018, 6:56 pm

chris oak wrote:man that's got to be fun!! Is there anyway that people eat those or are they all muddy?

There are too many other meals that I know to be good that I find no reason to go experimenting with something that has such a poor reputation as table fare; but on the other board there was a post where some guys were keeping the shoulders and pitching the rest. If your feeling adventurous you can always google up a recipe that will convince its worth trying.
Steve G
kook

Postby chris oak » February 23rd, 2018, 8:14 pm

Yah most guys said it was muddy, I was thinking maybe I'd try smoking the shoulders or something. I guess the ybones in it are a PITA to filet out too.
chris oak
Enforcer

Return to Other states & International