Southern Mex, Guatemala & Nicaragua Spring Winter/Spring '16

Feeling like you don't belong? No worries, your foreign reports belong here it's all about worldwide access!

Southern Mex, Guatemala & Nicaragua Spring Winter/Spring '16

Postby gneckermann » December 31st, 2015, 2:19 pm

After eight months of traveling without being able to spearfish, the drought's end is near! My wife and I are taking off for three more months on the road in Mexico & Central America and we're road tripping/camping for a majority of it.

We'll be slowly traveling along from Mexico City (starting Jan 22) down to Acapulco, Huatulco, and across to Merida before heading into Belize, Guatemala, & Nicaragua (via Honduras) this spring. If anyone is in those areas from late January to early April, drop me a note would love to connect with locals or other travelers for dives & beers.

Additionally, if anyone has any tips on where to go/whom talk to about finding good spots/pangueros, it'd be appreciated. My email is my screen name at gmail dot com.

See you out there
Grant

tradingparadises.wordpress.com
gneckermann
spearo

Re: Southern Mex, Guatemala & Nicaragua Spring Winter/Spring

Postby coreyf » January 11th, 2016, 3:45 pm

I know theres some issues with spearguns in Nicaaragua. SInce you will be driving into the country it shouldn't pose an issue. I think the main holdup is by customs at the Managua airport. I know 2 people that had their equipment temporarily confiscated. They did get everything back upon exiting the country.

Just a heads up .... don't drive around with a speargun strapped across the hood of your vehicle.
coreyf
spearo

Postby Donzi Paul » January 11th, 2016, 10:02 pm

I never take spearguns south of the border or on any plane, it's always '' Fishing Equipment''. ;) :D

Cheers, Don
Long Beach Neptune 1983 ...still
Donzi Paul
sea slayer

Postby Oscar » January 16th, 2016, 11:36 am

Don is absolutely correct. Always labeled Fishing equipment/Equipo de Pesca on my Sporttubes.
Oscar
spearo

Postby gneckermann » February 3rd, 2016, 8:53 am

Thanks for the tip fellas. I always feel a little awkward referring to it as "pesca con pistola"... seems like a good way for my gringo lingo to get me thrown in jail. Fishing equipment it is. Headed for Colima & Nayarit soon. Hopefully have something to show off.
gneckermann
spearo

Return to Other states & International