New Zealand in march/ April

Feeling like you don't belong? No worries, your foreign reports belong here it's all about worldwide access!

New Zealand in march/ April

Postby cbass » February 5th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Hi guys,

After posting on spearboard without too much luck, I was wondering if anybody can give me some pointers to dive the southern island I ll be in Blenheim working in the wine industry for few month, with an old Hilux and some diving equipment :D
According to what I red march April are the best month ?
How is the Fjord area by D Urville Island? Anyway I ll be mostly shore diving but down to share gas/ food with other divers.

After my work end of april I ll be taking some time to go by the Bay of Island with the gf and hopefully find some divers to go with...
cbass
noob

Re: New Zealand in march/ April

Postby Ikan Hunter » February 7th, 2016, 2:33 pm

Hi cbass
If you get up to the Bay of Islands I can get you out for a dive,just make contact closer to when you're heading up this way.I will be away early to mid April deer stalking but otherwise will be around
If your in Blenheim there's a guy called Geoff Laing,real keen spearo and he lives in that area.You should be able to track him down on facebook or Instagram,pretty sure he would help you out.
March and April are very good time of year for diving here!
Ikan Hunter
spearo

Re: New Zealand in march/ April

Postby cbass » February 8th, 2016, 9:13 am

Thanks Ikan I appreciate I reached Geoff already but he works on the northern island:(
I ll be deer hunting too :) with the bow by Hamilton then by Wesport and maybe Blenheim if I can find some spots not too far from work and just go for the day....
cbass
noob

Return to Other states & International