Carolina Skiff J16

Sell it, borrow, beg and steal. Okay maybe not steal.

Carolina Skiff J16

Postby db1 » September 13th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Hey guys,

I am selling my little Carolina Skiff J16. It has a yamaha 25 on it and runs great.

It is really a lake or flats boat, not meant for the ocean.

But I figured I'd post it here because, with lobster season coming up, it would be a sweet little ride for someone looking to tool around the harbor with another guy picking up those cancer sticks off the break wall.

No bueno for Catalina crossings or much of anything outside unless it is an absolutely perfect day or you like long swims.

Also it'll pull my 10 yr old son on a wakeboard.

Did some work on it to make it a comfortable little boat for what it is. Nice padded bench seat, GPS, depth/fish finder. Dual new batteries with AC charger. Also it has a trolling motor... with the 2 batteries, it'll go pretty far to get you home in case anything happens to the motor.

Comes with trailer in great condition... just replaced bearings and hubs.

$4K
Attachments
db1
prick

Re: Carolina Skiff J16

Postby Alex Ray » September 14th, 2017, 9:16 am

I love little skiffs like this, the fish never hear 'em coming!! Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On great days I shoot fish and on good days I spook fish
Alex Ray
prick

Postby db1 » September 14th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Thanks Alex. It's been a super fun boat for the family on the lake... but time for it to go.

I'll be posting my Whaler Outrage up here soon, too.

Gotta make room for the new beast. :D
db1
prick

Postby chris oak » September 15th, 2017, 7:11 am

Is the RIB coming back??? That little skiff looks perfect for trout fishing in the sierras!!
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby db1 » September 15th, 2017, 2:35 pm

Chris, yes, that skiff WAS perfect for trout fishing the lakes by Mammoth. Got a couple great seasons out of it.

And YES!!! The Rib is coming back to town! Long story man, but this boat has had a storied past before it has even begun it's new life. I may post a thread chronicling it's multiple resurrections... But long story short, lightning strike took it out over a year ago on its maiden voyage (which you know) and it has had a long slow road to recovery getting electronics warrantied by manufacturers or simply repurchased when claims were denied. Then as they were hooked up and brought back to life, one by one, the wires powering them burned out. So now every piece of electronics and every inch of wire is brand new.

It was getting the last touches finished when a flood ruined the shop where it was being built... 3 more month delay.

Moved to a new state and a new shop... Then it was finally being buttoned up when Irma hit... As a preemptive measure, we rented a bombproof warehouse for her, but she had to be disassembled in order to fit in there.

Builder was evacuated, came home to an absolute mess of his shop, and the hauler ready to go, so no time for reassembly...

NOW, as of 2 hrs ago, the boat is on its way from South Carolina, albeit in pieces.

With a little luck, gonna set her up and get her re-assembled and in the water ASAP.
db1
prick

Postby woody » September 24th, 2017, 9:43 pm

That's a perfect little harbor Boat ! Nothings perfect for the incognito harbor trips
woody
kook

Return to Classifieds