Wong 60" Super Magnum

Sell it, borrow, beg and steal. Okay maybe not steal.

Wong 60" Super Magnum

Postby Bill McIntyre » December 5th, 2017, 11:36 am

Its time to trim my herd of four Wongs, and it seems that this is the one I use the least. Most guys I dive with like bigger guns, but I just find myself reaching for the 57.5" on most days.

And excellent all around gun for Southern California. Small enough to use in a kelp bed, but enough power and range for open water. It has a four-band muzzle and shoots a 5/16" shaft. In addition to the stainless 5/16" shaft with Mori slip tip, I'm including a 7.5 mm plated shaft with slip tip. The gun has sufficient mass to control recoil and ensure accuracy. Price new is $1015 with a threaded shaft but no tip. This gun comes with an extra shaft and two Mori tips worth $100 each. It has 400 pound mono shooting line rigged for Hawaiian breakaway. Can rig with coated cable at buyer's request. With my first trigger pull with the gun I speared the 62 pound white sea bass shown below. Your results may vary. Mine sure do.

The bands need replacing and I'll make new ones just before delivery so that they are fresh as possible.

Asking $800. Shipping at buyer's expense.
Attachments
Last edited by Bill McIntyre on December 5th, 2017, 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Re: Wong 60" Super Magnum

Postby Bill McIntyre » December 5th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Original post edited to include an extra shaft and slip tip and new bands.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Return to Classifieds