Beer Battered Lobster Tacos

Epic mealtime ideas

Beer Battered Lobster Tacos

Postby chris oak » November 18th, 2020, 7:02 pm

I pretty much use the same batter on my fish tacos too and use a frydaddy junior to do my frying.

Ingredients: for the batter
1/2 cup flour
1TB garlic powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 egg
1/2 can of beer (it can be old beer)

Ingredients for the crema sauce:
2TB sour cream
2 TB mayo
1 tsp cut garlic
1 tsp of lime juice
a little milk to make it runny.

Other ingredients:
corn tortillas
cut cilantro
thinly cut cabbage
mexican canned spicy carrots (optional)

Also you will need cut cabbage and cilantro and corn tortillas unless you like flour tortillas.

Mix all dry ingredients well. Beat the egg into the mix. Add enough beer until mix is a little more watery than pancake batter would be. Drink the rest of the beer, you never throw away beer.

Heat your oil until it is ready. Cut lobster into small 1 to 2 inch chunks so they will cook easier. Dip into the batter mix and fry until golden brown.

Heat up corn tortillas on the stove until they are soft and ready. Put the fried lobster on it and dribble a lot of the sauce on it. Add cilantro and cabbage. I like mexican canned carrots on the side and I put a little salsa verde on the taco. Try not to eat too many, I'll put about five away at dinner. A legal lobster tail will make enough tacos for one person usually.
Attachments
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Beer Battered Lobster Tacos

Postby Steve G » November 19th, 2020, 8:18 am

Thanks Chris. Will try. Can this make halibut taste good?
Steve G
sea sniper

Re: Beer Battered Lobster Tacos

Postby NaClAddict » November 19th, 2020, 5:59 pm

I like to mix real grated Parmesan for halibut. Also told ChOak, look in the Hispanic food section. Grab a can of embassa chipotles. Dice and mix with Mayo for an awesome garnish.
NaClAddict
sea sniper

Return to Recipes