So over the last few weeks Ive been working on perfecting my yellowtail jerky recipe, its taken a while as it only works well with fresh fish, otherwise the taste gets a little too fishy. After a few unsuccessful attempts im getting really close to perfection and thought id share:
- 1 pound Yellowtail, sliced into super thin pieces (1/8inch thick or less, otherwise inside will be too moist)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- salt and pepper (as much as you prefer)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
::making the jerky::
1) mix all the shit into a bowl
2) make sure the yellowtail is free of any and all bloodline and dark meat (itl come out gross)
3) toss in the yt and make sure it is all just covered
4) let sit for a few hours then mix it up again and let it marinate overnight
5) the next morning, put them on skewers widely seperated and let them hang in the oven at 165-170 degrees for 3-4 hours, leave the oven cracked open the whole time, it lets them dehydrate better.
6) Remove and enjoy!!!!