Here's a great recipe for yellowtail or any raw fish. It would be great for a party too, although you would need a pretty big platter and someone constantly making it because it will go QUICK!
- Fresh yellowtail fillets
- Green Onion
- Red Onion
- Sesame Oil (Chili Sesame Oil is also great)
- Ponzu Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
1. Dice up green onion, tomato, red onion, and jalapeno and place in small bowls or leave on cutting board.
2. Slice yellowtail thinly like you would for sashimi. Angle of cut doesn't really matter...whatever you prefer.
3. Place on a plate or serving tray in a single layer.
4. Add a few drops of sesame oil to the center of each piece.
5. Add a little each of green onion, red onion, tomato, and jalapeno to each piece.
6. Sprinkle sesame seed on each piece.
7. Drizzle ponzu sauce around the edges and between pieces.