Fish Cube Ramen

Epic mealtime ideas

Fish Cube Ramen

Postby chris oak » January 21st, 2017, 6:21 pm

Okay I think Alex did something similar one time and I don't know why I never tried it before but the other day when it was pouring rain I was craving some soup. Luckily for me I had some seabass thawing out for another recipe I'll be posting in a bit so I threw it together.

I LOVE korean Ramen, it's spicy and is very similar to a Korean Tofu Bowl if you've ever had it. I can't even tell what the package says most of the time and you might need to find an asian market to get it but it's killer. I always buy the ones in the red packages because I assume that means it's spicier.

You will need:
Korean or regular ramen (not the kind in a bowl as it may not cook enough)
Cubed fish of sorts (I used white seabass but I bet rockfish is even better)
A raw egg
Hot water

I boil the water according to the directions, usually it is 2 cups and it takes about 3 minutes or so on a hot burner
Add the ramen and packaged ingredients
Once the noodles soften (about 2 minutes) I add a raw egg and stir it up. Add the cubed fish and stir as well. Usually it takes 5 minutes to cook the ramen, I cook the fish cubes for 3 minutes or until they are done

The result is awesome. The fish cubes absorb the flavor and man it's out of this world. Of course the ramen is filled with carbs and all kinds of preservatives but you only live once.
Attachments
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Fish Cube Ramen

Postby woody » March 29th, 2017, 9:34 am

Thanks so much for posting this I'm going to try that .
woody
kook

Re: Fish Cube Ramen

Postby Sam » April 2nd, 2017, 8:05 pm

I'm not much of an instant anything from the store person, but that Champong packet has a good place in my emergency supply kit. I may break one out once this rain and zero vis BS clears out and I can smack the lings again!
Sam
spearo

Return to Recipes