Baked Butter Garlic Rubbed Seabass

Epic mealtime ideas

Baked Butter Garlic Rubbed Seabass

Postby chris oak » February 6th, 2017, 7:12 pm

This is one of the recipes I've been tweeking to get it to my liking. It works well with seabass and even halibut.

About 2 lbs of white seabass. I typically freeze mine in chunks and thaw it out slowly in the fridge overnight.
1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp onion powder
pinch of lemon pepper
pinch of sea salt
2 garlic cloves chopped
1TB chopped parsley
3 TB Butter

I like to cut slits in my seabass to even out the cooking, it also lets the sauces get into the meat easier.

Preheat your oven to 450. In a small saucepan melt the butter and add the garlic, grill just until the butter melts and the garlic begins to sizzle. Remove from pan and drizzle this mix all over your fish. Make sure it gets inside the cuts of the meat.

Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper and sea salt and parsley together. I use dried parsley because it's easier. Take this mix and sprinkle it all over your fish, rub it in well.

When the oven is at the right temp, put inside the oven on a baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the meat flakes. Serve with some veggies or rice. Enjoy.
Attachments
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Baked Butter Garlic Rubbed Seabass

Postby Steve G » February 6th, 2017, 8:38 pm

Sooo you shot a wsb? The crickets have been really loud lately. Oh and the recipe sounds great.
Steve G
kook

Re: Baked Butter Garlic Rubbed Seabass

Postby chris oak » February 6th, 2017, 9:57 pm

No it was some of my old stash in the freezer. I always tell people if you prep your fish well it lasts a long time.
chris oak
Enforcer

Return to Recipes