crab stuffed lobster

Epic mealtime ideas

crab stuffed lobster

Postby chris oak » October 9th, 2017, 6:49 am

I did this with fish, but it works great with crab and it's a great recipe for lobster.

Take a whole lobster and split into half, you can use a knife but I prefer a really strong pair of kitchen shears as it's quick and easier. Start from the underside of the tail and zip it up, then repeat on the top of the tail and keep moving towards the head. Use a sharp knife to cut the meat down the middle when you are done with the shell.

Remove all the stuff in the "head" area (the thorax), it will have a lot of gut material etc. Leave the meat that is stuck to the shell. Rinse it out.

Pack that empty portion with crab, I use the fake crab as it is easy to get and cheap. Pack it with chopped garlic and then butter (or olive oil). Sprinkle panko on the entire portion of crab/meat.

Set your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until done. After that set to broil for 3 minutes to brown the panko.

All that juice soaks up in the crab and makes it extra yummy.
Attachments
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: crab stuffed lobster

Postby Alex Ray » October 9th, 2017, 4:21 pm

My cholesterol levels spiked just looking at that second pic. Even so, I'm going to have to give this one a try if I ever successfully go for bugs again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On great days I shoot fish and on good days I spook fish
Alex Ray
prick

Re: crab stuffed lobster

Postby Bowhunter » October 9th, 2017, 6:33 pm

I'm loving the cooking section

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Bowhunter
spearo

Return to Recipes