Open-face, open-sinuses: Hamachi Bagel Surprise

Epic mealtime ideas

Open-face, open-sinuses: Hamachi Bagel Surprise

Postby Alex Ray » October 10th, 2017, 4:06 pm

This is what it sounds like: slices of hamachi on an open-face bagel. The plot-twist comes beforehand when I take a whole box of cream cheese and gently heat it up in the microwave so its soft. Then I mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and of course plenty of wasabi in with the cream cheese (all to taste) before throwing it back in the fridge to re-solidify. This is then ready to spread on bagels in the morning before topping with slices of hamachi and, of course, a full-bagel circle of sriracha. For added flair, also top with diced green onions. The surprise comes when its early in the morning and I've forgotten I'd doctored the cream cheese. WHAM-O sinuses, no coffee needed!

I have no pictures of this, but it looks like off-color cream cheese under slices of yellowtail.
On great days I shoot fish and on good days I spook fish
Alex Ray
prick

Re: Open-face, open-sinuses: Hamachi Bagel Surprise

Postby castronova » October 10th, 2017, 5:52 pm

Holy amazing. Might make something similar for tacos too. Great idea!
castronova
prick

Re: Open-face, open-sinuses: Hamachi Bagel Surprise

Postby dam » October 11th, 2017, 8:52 am

Alex Ray wrote:This is what it sounds like: slices of hamachi on an open-face bagel. The plot-twist comes beforehand when I take a whole box of cream cheese and gently heat it up in the microwave so its soft. Then I mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and of course plenty of wasabi in with the cream cheese (all to taste) before throwing it back in the fridge to re-solidify. This is then ready to spread on bagels in the morning before topping with slices of hamachi and, of course, a full-bagel circle of sriracha. For added flair, also top with diced green onions. The surprise comes when its early in the morning and I've forgotten I'd doctored the cream cheese. WHAM-O sinuses, no coffee needed!

I have no pictures of this, but it looks like off-color cream cheese under slices of yellowtail.

You disgust me. :puke-huge:
dam
diving god

Return to Recipes