Bacon Wrapped Lobster

Epic mealtime ideas

Bacon Wrapped Lobster

Postby chris oak » November 16th, 2017, 9:16 pm

I just tried this one and it's probably my new favorite way to cook lobster, this is my tweeked recipe: it is also paleo friendly

Two lobster tails
Bacon
tablespoon of butter
paprika (I use smoked paprika)
garlic powder
onion powder
sea salt
olive oil
butter

Take the lobster and tail it, cut the exoskeleton off and pat it dry.
Sprinkle paprika, onion, sea salt and garlic powder on both sides.
Get the olive oil hot and pan fry the lobster until the outside is cooked.
While the pan is still hot, throw in the butter and as it melts flip the lobster tail over and over in it and baste it.

Remove lobster from pan and let it cool enough so you can touch it. Cut it in medallions, it's easiest to cut on the ridges where the tail forms. Wrap said medallions in bacon, I use about a third of a strip per each piece. You can toothpick it or just put the ends under the lobster.

Get your oven set to broil. It's better to line a baking pan with aluminum foil to keep the juices from burning on it but you can do it straight if you don't want altzheimers. Broil that goodness until the bacon gets crispy.

Remove from heat. Serve on a bed of veggies or whatever you want, it is super rich, super moist and smoky and delicious. My kid and wife devoured it.

btw the soup is a miso lobster seaweed soup, it's somewhere here in the recipe section but basically I throw the cleaned head and tail in there and boil it to give lobster flakes and flavor to the soup.
Attachments
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Bacon Wrapped Lobster

Postby Rob102 » November 16th, 2017, 9:39 pm

I think I’ll try this on scallops. Thanks!
Rob102
spearo

Re: Bacon Wrapped Lobster

Postby Scheid » December 1st, 2017, 12:05 am

When in doubt, wrap it in bacon. That's my motto. Thanks for the recipe Chris, I'll try this out for sure!
Scheid
noob

Return to Recipes