Hypalon Help

Made something extra cool or fixed something broken? Help a brother out!

Hypalon Help

Postby Randy_Mora » January 13th, 2018, 8:11 pm

Hey, Guys
I wanted to know if anyone on the Forum has a a Source for Hypalon before i go shopping around,
I just purchased a Rib 03 16' Zodiac, Soft Bottom,It has a Inflatable Keel,
I do not know the Model of this Zodiac.

I have Tested
If you
it for Leaks on the Bottom and None, Only found the 2 leaks which i was aware of at the time of Purchase.

I would like to Fix the Exposed Bottom Floor that has Minor Scuffs with Heavy Duty Hypalon Material, I am not Sure what Kind of Patches to put on at the Bottom, If you could help me out with this that would be great.

Other Concerns/Questions are indicated below

Also what is used as a Swim Step for an Inflatable, I do not want to put strain on the Hand Starps

I noticed the Keel was Loose would it be recommend i glue center line of boat?

Also what Kind of Solvents are guys with Zodiac's Using to Patch Pin Hole's, previous owner Tried to Patch a Pin Hole Which he did not do a Great Job,

I am aware i am going to spend $ and time, which is not a problem, i just want to fix these minor Issues and get her up and running,

Thank in Advance
See Pictues Below
Attachments
If you
If you
If you
If you
Randy_Mora
noob

Re: Hypalon Help

Postby chris oak » January 14th, 2018, 11:40 am

Paging Woody to the dance floor...

Some of my buddies have RIBS, they almost always have rope tied along the side of the inflatable where you grab them and pull yourself over, the rope runs parallel to the tubes.
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby John Hughes » January 15th, 2018, 7:18 am

I'll pm you Woody's phone number. He's got a lot of experience with this.
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby Randy_Mora » January 15th, 2018, 10:23 am

Thanks Oak and John, Appreciate the Help on this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Randy_Mora
noob

Postby Donzi Paul » January 15th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Hi buddy, that is not a RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) it's a SIB (Soft Inflatable Boat). The best glue for it is this.
I can help you with the repair steps, and have some Mil spec black Hyplon you ca have for patches. I've done a ton of fab and repairs on a Navy inflatable.

Cheers, Don
Attachments
Long Beach Neptune 1983 ...still
Donzi Paul
sea slayer

Postby chris oak » January 15th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Don hows the refurb coming on your inflatable? I can't wait to see the progress and results!!
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby Randy_Mora » January 16th, 2018, 7:15 am

Donzi Paul wrote:Hi buddy, that is not a RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) it's a SIB (Soft Inflatable Boat). The best glue for it is this.
I can help you with the repair steps, and have some Mil spec black Hyplon you ca have for patches. I've done a ton of fab and repairs on a Navy inflatable.

Cheers, Don

Hey, Donzi Paul, I will take you up on that Offer on the Patches, Appreciate that,
Is that your profession to work on Inflatables?

See Image Below this is the Glue i Found, I cant exactly find that Glue you had posted.
Could you confirm if the Glue, Below would be Acceptable for SIB Repairs,
Attachments
Randy_Mora
noob

Postby Donzi Paul » January 16th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Here are some recent pix Chris of my son's boat. We will sea trial her early this spring after we have her christend . Please excuse the tilted pix, they were straight in my file.The search light is not bolted in on the second to last image.

Randy, No, rubber boats are not my profession, but I have thousands of hrs working of the 2 Navy boats Ive had and 1 Zodiac. I sent up my cell # by PM.

All the best, Don
Attachments
Donzi Paul
sea slayer

Postby Donzi Paul » January 18th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Randy your boat looks like a Zodiac Grand Raid to me. They were the boat of choice of the US Navy before the Black Zodiac F= 470 came out. I used to have one for a few years, a really well made heavy duty hull. Will call you after 5 Fri.

Cheers, Don
Donzi Paul
sea slayer

Return to DIY's: Do it yourself