Scupper classic hatch cover

Made something extra cool or fixed something broken? Help a brother out!

Scupper classic hatch cover

Postby greeney » May 23rd, 2016, 12:08 pm

I have a Scupper Classic kayak (single hatch model) and I recently lost the hatch cover. After scouring the net, I couldn't find the part anywhere so my options appear to be limited. There are plenty of Scupper Pro parts, but the hatches are shaped differently.The best advice I could find was to make a mold of the hatch and form a new one out of fiberglass. That is a problem since I lost the only cover I had.

So, I have two questions.

1. Does anyone have a Scupper Classic hatch cover they would be willing to part with?

2. If not, does someone in the Santa Barbara area have a Scupper Classic hatch cover that I could borrow to make a mold of?

If I can get the ball rolling on this DIY hatch project, I will post up the process if it works.
greeney
spearo

Re: Scupper classic hatch cover

Postby One_drake » June 5th, 2016, 6:20 pm

i think mine is a classic hatch, send me your number and i will send a pic wed.
One_drake
spearo

Re: Scupper classic hatch cover

Postby greeney » June 6th, 2016, 11:20 am

One_drake wrote:i think mine is a classic hatch, send me your number and i will send a pic wed.

Thanks for the offer, but I've figured something else out. A buddy loaned me his hatch cover and I made a fiberglass mold of it. That turned out to be a disaster so I made one from scratch out of polycarbonate. That worked much better. I'm going to post up a DIY guide once I fine tune it.
Attachments
greeney
spearo

Return to DIY's: Do it yourself