Weight Belt Stop

Made something extra cool or fixed something broken? Help a brother out!

Weight Belt Stop

Postby chris oak » June 3rd, 2017, 1:11 pm

I have an extra belt that I keep at work for those rare occasions where I can squeeze in a dive after work when I'm unprepared. It's a normal rubber weight belt with those bullet style weights. The bullet weights are annoying and I usually buy scuba weight belt stops to keep them from sliding around, but this particular belt is fairly thick. I was looking at it today trying to figure out how to keep the weights from moving and was going to tie them off and then I remembered I had just glued together a broken fin keeper this am.

I had part of the belt left where I trimmed it so I cut a small piece and glued it on the belt on the underside with some superglue. If you have mori's tire stuff it's even better because it's flexible.

The negative side is I won't be able to remove the weights, adding weights means that I'll just use the bungee loop like I do now. The positive side is no more annoying adjusting weights as they slide all over.
Attachments
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Weight Belt Stop

Postby Bill McIntyre » June 3rd, 2017, 1:27 pm

I know they're expensive, but pinch weights solve that problem and can be removed or added easily.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Return to DIY's: Do it yourself