My new Steve Veros gun

All about spearguns and gear. Feel free to pimp your own manufacturing but be sure to wear flame retardant material if you are pushing b.s.

My new Steve Veros gun

Postby Westbury » September 30th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Steve generously offered to help build me a gun over quarantine earlier this year.
It was a great collaborative effort between Steve and I.
He built the entire gun ( even picked out the teak) and I did the finish sanding and oiling ha ha!

Seriously, he did an amazing job of capturing what I was looking for and I just love the look and feel of this gun. Sexy!

It's a nice powerful gun than should be able to handle most if not all So Cal game fish.
Westbury
prick

Re: My new Steve Veros gun

Postby Westbury » September 30th, 2020, 1:28 pm

Ok, pics didn't upload

try again...
Attachments
Westbury
prick

Postby Westbury » September 30th, 2020, 1:35 pm

Westbury
prick

Postby Bill McIntyre » September 30th, 2020, 1:39 pm

Very pretty. It's interesting how people are moving to rear handled guns. What reel is that?
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Westbury » September 30th, 2020, 1:57 pm

Westbury
prick

Postby Westbury » September 30th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Hi Bill
Ulusub reel

I've been shooting a Riffe Euro 130 forever, so I wanted to keep shooting a rear handled
Westbury
prick

Postby Bill McIntyre » September 30th, 2020, 2:08 pm

I have an Ulusub reel on my Ulusub 160MH and I like it.

The transition to rear handle has been difficult for me. I like it in my Abellan Denton 110 (53.9") and my Abellan Denton 120 (57.8") but when I got a Ulusub 155RH (61") it was just too much for comfort. So I sold it and got a Ulusub 160MH (63") and I love the way it handles.

Of course the guy who bought my 155RH shot four yellowtail the day he was trying it out and has been murdering fish ever since. A few days ago he shot a 55 to 60 pound yellowtail with the gun.I guess it must work.
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby dam » September 30th, 2020, 2:58 pm

Beautiful gun. How long is it? Are you going to wrap some electrical tape around the top of the shaft to keep the slide ring from sliding back? My worry is the slide ring might scratch that pretty muzzle (and possible fish scale, but it's secondary)!
dam
diving god

Postby Westbury » September 30th, 2020, 5:53 pm

Bill McIntyre wrote:I have an Ulusub reel on my Ulusub 160MH and I like it.

The transition to rear handle has been difficult for me. I like it in my Abellan Denton 110 (53.9") and my Abellan Denton 120 (57.8") but when I got a Ulusub 155RH (61") it was just too much for comfort. So I sold it and got a Ulusub 160MH (63") and I love the way it handles.

Of course the guy who bought my 155RH shot four yellowtail the day he was trying it out and has been murdering fish ever since. A few days ago he shot a 55 to 60 pound yellowtail with the gun.I guess it must work.

Thanks Dam!
Yes, I'll put some tape on it cause I do notice it slides down the shaft

Bill, I started spearfishing with a Riffe mid handle many years ago and that was all I knew. I the started shooting the big SeaSniper guns and I had problems with hitting my target. Then came a loss of confidence and I couldn't hit anything with any gun I used. I really struggled for a couple of years.
A buddy recommended using a RA rail gun. I like wood, so I bought the Riffe Euro and it's been a really good, accurate, utilitarian gun.
I was able to get my aim back using that gun.
Westbury
prick

Postby John Hughes » September 30th, 2020, 7:13 pm

Really nice looking gun Joe. Steve does tight work. I've always preferred the rear handles as I'm a point and shoot guy and never aim. Most of my guns are set up MH for seabass but in the last few years I'm almost strictly rear handle in the blue. My shot placement is so much better.

On a side note......UM WTF is up with a 55-60lb yellow Bill!!!??
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby Bill McIntyre » October 1st, 2020, 9:01 am

John Hughes wrote:On a side note......UM WTF is up with a 55-60lb yellow Bill!!!??

That's what I said. He didn't weigh it but when he's on my boat his weight estimate on fish is always lower than mine. I have a photo and it looks frigging big. But if he wanted the photo here he would put it here.
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Behslayer » October 1st, 2020, 10:56 am

Nice Wood, Nice Shaping. Like the Muzzle. I like the behind the Muzzle Line Guide. Great to see guns coming from Steve Veros.
Behslayer
prick

Postby John Hughes » October 1st, 2020, 12:23 pm

Bill McIntyre wrote:
John Hughes wrote:On a side note......UM WTF is up with a 55-60lb yellow Bill!!!??

That's what I said. He didn't weigh it but when he's on my boat his weight estimate on fish is always lower than mine. I have a photo and it looks frigging big. But if he wanted the photo here he would put it here.

WOW. What a beautiful fish. Whoever it is, that's a fish of a lifetime.
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby Bill McIntyre » October 1st, 2020, 2:26 pm

John Hughes wrote:
WOW. What a beautiful fish. Whoever it is, that's a fish of a lifetime.

Especially local.
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Westbury » October 1st, 2020, 7:50 pm

Behslayer wrote:Nice Wood, Nice Shaping. Like the Muzzle. I like the behind the Muzzle Line Guide. Great to see guns coming from Steve Veros.

Thanks!
Actually your guns along with the new Riffe Marauder were the inspiration for the shape.
I really like the smooth flowing lines of your guns.
I wanted to build a gun and thank goodness Steve offered to help (read: do it for me) cause no way i could have done what Steve did lol
Westbury
prick

Postby chris oak » October 2nd, 2020, 8:17 pm

Man thats a very nice gun, you guys did a great job planning it all out!
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby metelin » October 14th, 2020, 6:57 pm

you need a tomato cage to really do it justice:)
steve veros
metelin
polespearo

Return to Guns & Gear