GoPro Trade Up deal - Limited time

All about spearguns and gear. Feel free to pimp your own manufacturing but be sure to wear flame retardant material if you are pushing b.s.

GoPro Trade Up deal - Limited time

Postby castronova » May 16th, 2017, 8:31 am

I don't think most people have heard about this but I just used it.

GoPro is offering a trade up deal for a limited time (no end date stated so it could end at any time). If you send in an old GoPro you get $100 off a new one. The best part is the old GoPro doesn't even have to work. You can have an old GoPro 1 that flooded and you can send it in for $100 off a GoPro Hero 5 Black.

To me this is a great deal. These electronics go obsolete very fast and many of us will hold onto them for no reason but because we paid so much money for them to finally trash them years later. This is a good way to get some value back from old electronics and get the latest and greatest.

You fill out a form, print the FedEx shipping slip, box the old camera and send it off for free. In a week or two you'll have the new camera and they'll charge your card the balance.

https://shop.gopro.com/tradeup?gclid=CP ... Hwodhw4F6w

In my case I had 2 GoPro 3+ that I think are great but one flooded. It has worked for almost a year after flooding so I know it's a matter of time before something corrodes out. I could get nothing at that time so I decided to take the $100 instead.
castronova
prick

Re: GoPro Trade Up deal - Limited time

Postby rhyne » May 16th, 2017, 8:53 am

huh, no shizzz... that's a pretty sweet deal. wonder what their motivation for such an offer comes from?
rhyne
spearo

Postby castronova » May 16th, 2017, 9:24 am

GoPro's stock and company as a whole has been hurting (2016 Q4 $115 million loss). This is due to the niche market's new competition mostly. This allows them to 1.)get the new technology in the hands of consumers (we know how this plays out by word of mouth) 2.) move more units and increase revenue 3.) Even at 25% off for the hero 5 black that is still a higher profit margin since you have to go straight through GoPro instead of a retailer.

I think this truly is a win-win.

For Hero 4 users the units could probably be sold on ebay or the forum for more than $100. Every model behind that I think this is the way to go. Especially the really old units or those that are destroyed... no brainer.
castronova
prick

Postby dam » May 16th, 2017, 11:19 am

Damn, I have la bunch of old old gopro 1's and 2's just lying around somewhere collecting dust... Should I get 5 new hero 5's???
dam
sea slayer

Postby castronova » May 16th, 2017, 12:44 pm

Do it!!!!

Or give a couple to guys who are tight on money to help them out.
castronova
prick

Return to Guns & Gear