48” double roller

All about spearguns and gear. Feel free to pimp your own manufacturing but be sure to wear flame retardant material if you are pushing b.s.

48” double roller

Postby metelin » December 13th, 2020, 10:25 pm

I don’t make many guns any more but I do enjoy the process still and there’s nothing more enjoyable for me than when someone asks me to do something different (at least different than what I usually make).

Although I have made rollers before (my current favorite gun is my 100cm single roller with a extra kicker band), I avoid the crazy multi band, inverse things that are overly complex and maybe a little fragile imho.

The customers wanted a 48” double roller, with two stages on the bottom that could be used for both wsb and yt but could take anything including sheepheads, calicos or halibut, so no enclosed track or slip tip.

We decided to use the Neptonics double roller head which is really robust but pretty heavy weighing over 11ozs, that pretty much dictated the girth of the gun and the length of the shaft overhang in order to avoid the thing being really muzzle heavy.

In order to minimize some of the shaft whip I installed a Terry Mass style “capture guide” in the track close to the trigger mech and a little safety wedge on the bottom of the trigger just to make me feel better.

Haven’t put it in the water yet but I’m sure it going to shoot hard and straight.
Attachments
steve veros
metelin
noob

Re: 48” double roller

Postby chris oak » December 14th, 2020, 8:06 am

Beaaaautiful work as usual Steve! Not the same without the tomato cage pix though :)
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: 48” double roller

Postby mike n » December 25th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Good looking work. I like that safety and might have to use the idea??
MN
mike n
polespearo

Return to Guns & Gear