Hi everyone!

New to Spearfishing? Your first time here? Read all the FAQ's so you don't get flamed and banned!

Hi everyone!

Postby Gab » June 26th, 2017, 12:01 pm

I signed up, I read all the rules (especially the 3rd "Read this first" topic, please forgive me for reading it 3rd :-) now it's time for the introductions.

My name is Gabriel, I am 37, I have a wonderful 3 year old son and I love spearfishing; it puts me in a relaxing trance like state that I only experience when in the water or when I am developing software.

I've lived and speared on several continents, for about 21 years (how time flies!). I'm currently land locked so I have to travel to spear nowadays.

I started a blog that mostly reviews gear and gives newcomers (to spearfishing) information to get them started, and it also makes me feel good to do something around spearfishing when I am not able to go to the sea/ocean.

I still have lots to learn, like everyone I guess, and I enjoy sharing and helping others; so don't hesitate to correct me please.

Cheers!
My blog: [url]swissspearo.blogspot.com[/url]
Gab
noob

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby dam » June 26th, 2017, 1:17 pm

Hi Gab and welcome! Where do you usually dive? Most of us here are land locked and like to pretend to spearfish so if you have any cool trips or stories, feel free to share them with us. I looked at your blog and it seems like you do a lot of gear review. It's something we're definitely lacking on this forum. It's probably due to our stubbornness. It would be cool if you can share some of your perspective on different gear.
dam
sea slayer

Postby Gab » June 29th, 2017, 12:45 am

Hi Dam,

Thanks! I moved back to Europe a couple of years ago, I mostly dive around there nowadays, with some excursions in Asia, Mexico, Israel and the Canary Islands (technically Spain). Before that I was in the east coast so I dove there (SC, Georgia, Florida). Yes, I research gear quite a lot before buying it and then I review it since often there are no reviews to be found. I often mention the alternatives I shortlisted and the reasons why I did not choose them. I hope it helps people. I will gladly share when I can.
My blog: [url]swissspearo.blogspot.com[/url]
Gab
noob

Postby X-toy » June 29th, 2017, 7:25 am

Welcome to the forum Gabriel! Good peeps here! Looking forward to your reviews!
---------> <'///////>{

Peter
https://www.youtube.com/user/theXtoy
Instagram: ocdesignguy
X-toy
spearo

Postby John Hughes » June 30th, 2017, 6:57 pm

welcome Gabriel, look forward to seeing some reviews and some reports from around the globe when you can!
John Hughes
cupcake

Return to Introductions