Hello from San Diego

New to Spearfishing? Your first time here? Read all the FAQ's so you don't get flamed and banned!

Hello from San Diego

Postby lovettedive » September 13th, 2020, 12:35 pm

Hi all,

Just moved to San Diego on Thursday, going to be living here for the next year. Originally from the Northeast, started spearfishing in New Hampshire and Mass for striped bass and tog. I'm very excited to explore a new area and dive in a different environment. Saw theres a few SD spearos on the forum, hopefully I'll see you out on the water:).

Cheers
lovettedive
noob

Re: Hello from San Diego

Postby Donzi Paul » September 13th, 2020, 3:58 pm

Welcome ..I know your going to miss the clod water this winter.

Cheers, Don
Long Beach Neptune 1983 ...still
Donzi Paul
sea slayer

Postby dam » September 14th, 2020, 9:46 am

Welcome! SD has some great divers but everyone knows the real talents are in OC :D. There are some popular spearfishing clubs you can join down there as well. Let us know if you have any questions and looking forward to your reports!
dam
diving god

Postby lovettedive » September 15th, 2020, 9:51 am

What are the big clubs down here? Would love to meet up with some fellow spearos. Don't want to ask for any secret spots, but would be psyched to dive with a buddy for obvious safety reasons.
lovettedive
noob

Postby dam » September 15th, 2020, 3:39 pm

San Diego Freedivers is the most popular one I think. There was the Los Pisterleros for a bit but I'm not sure if they're still around. Anyone?
dam
diving god

Postby chris oak » September 17th, 2020, 7:40 pm

If you are coming from the east you are going to love the warmer water here! Dam is correct, there's san diego freedivers and also North county depth finders in your area. I think James and Joesph has the biggest freedive shop in san diego but a new one called lost winds isn't too far from there if memory serves me.
chris oak
Enforcer

Return to Introductions