Caribbean New Guy

New to Spearfishing? Your first time here? Read all the FAQ's so you don't get flamed and banned!

Caribbean New Guy

Postby Jim M » May 25th, 2016, 6:54 am

Hello to all!

Time to stop lurking. Based on the Island of St. Croix. I noticed there seems to be a lot of water around here, so chances are the scuba and spearing are decent!

I've been a scuba diver for about 15 years now, and got bit by the spearfishing bug assassinating lionfish down here. Looking forward to getting my first real spear gun (instead of trying to tickle the large fish to death with the sling pole).

Some great information here, especially for someone starting out in speargunning.
Jim M
noob

Re: Caribbean New Guy

Postby John Hughes » May 29th, 2016, 2:04 pm

welcome aboard Jim. Be nice to see some clear water reports instead of constant low vis seabass reports we see from alot of the local crowd here.

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them, there's alot of experience to tap into here.
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby chris oak » December 3rd, 2016, 9:11 am

I need to check this part more often, a late welcome to you Jim! I'm sure you are experiencing all kinds of cool ocean life in that warm clear water!
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby Qressor » February 7th, 2017, 12:40 am

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them, there's alot of experience to tap into here.
Qressor
polespearo

Postby Bill McIntyre » February 7th, 2017, 11:36 am

chris oak wrote:I need to check this part more often, a late welcome to you Jim!

I'll let you in on one my secrets Chris. Just hit the "New Posts" button. Then you won't need to check each forum. Its not as if the volume is overwhelming.

You're welcome. :)

Welcome aboard Jim.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Return to Introductions