Buddy request LA / Southbay

New to Spearfishing? Your first time here? Read all the FAQ's so you don't get flamed and banned!

Buddy request LA / Southbay

Postby Andrewraffaele » August 9th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Hey there, Just joined the forum a little while back. Also joined the Fathomiers as a tentative member last month. Please let me know if anyone is willing to walk down a cliff or if a spot on a boat opens up. Have been frustrated by friends that I have tried to bring to the sport. They either don’t have the time or aren’t stoked about it. I’m FII certified, been in the water for years, and dive with a watch. I won’t hold ya up ☺ Just trying to find consistent buddies, dive safely, and shoot fish.

Re: Buddy request LA / Southbay

Postby SplinterSling » February 5th, 2018, 3:24 pm

Hey - Are you still looking for a buddy?

I've been in the ocean all my life either surfing, fishing, and recently scubaing. My uncle used to spearfish and now I want to carry on the family tradition.

Let me know when you're free to meet up and head out!

Re: Buddy request LA / Southbay

Postby chris oak » March 10th, 2018, 9:25 am

You guys should def hit up the local dive clubs as well, check out the la fathomiers and the long beach neptunes, it will shorten the learning curve tremendously! You can also swing by dive shops, spear america south bay has the biggest shop around and there's also spear america irvine and neptonics long beach.
chris oak

Return to Introductions