New from Boulder Creek (Santa Cruz Mountains)

New to Spearfishing? Your first time here? Read all the FAQ's so you don't get flamed and banned!

New from Boulder Creek (Santa Cruz Mountains)

Postby treefrog831 » December 28th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Hello guys, I’m new to spearfishing and am looking forward to meeting new dive buddies and learning the craft. I’m a firefighter and have a super flexible schedule and can dive weekdays and weekends. Thanks!
treefrog831
noob

Re: New from Boulder Creek (Santa Cruz Mountains)

Postby scorpaenichthys » December 28th, 2017, 6:50 pm

treefrog831 wrote:Hello guys, I’m new to spearfishing and am looking forward to meeting new dive buddies and learning the craft. I’m a firefighter and have a super flexible schedule and can dive weekdays and weekends. Thanks!

Just sent you a PM. Welcome aboard!
scorpaenichthys
polespearo

Postby John Hughes » December 29th, 2017, 2:41 am

welcome!You've actually got some good divers in your area as well as a club with some really good divers in it with some great experience. Try looking around for the kelp stalkers.
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby BigJim » December 29th, 2017, 11:14 am

Welcome!!

I'm in the #831 as well.

See you out there!!

:)

:greetings-wavingyellow:

Sincerely,

Jim
BigJim
prick

Postby phil herranen » December 29th, 2017, 7:55 pm

John Hughes wrote:welcome!You've actually got some good divers in your area as well as a club with some really good divers in it with some great experience. Try looking around for the kelp stalkers.

I hear they are a bunch of secretive, a holes
phil herranen
Herranen Spearguns

Postby John Hughes » December 30th, 2017, 4:38 am

phil herranen wrote:
John Hughes wrote:welcome!You've actually got some good divers in your area as well as a club with some really good divers in it with some great experience. Try looking around for the kelp stalkers.

There's a holes everywhere Phil. Just pointing to the fact that there's some great divers in his area (in and out of clubs.) Why don't we let him decide for himself. Maybe he'll fit right in :rofl:

Clubs are a great place to find new dive buddies and learn the craft although now I see his Tritons avatar. Looks like he's off to a good start. On that note, just because you're already in a club doesn't mean you can't cross mingle. The different club members down here support each others clubs and go to each others meetings. It's a great way to expand your dive circle even more and squeeze every bit out of some awesome resources.
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby phil herranen » December 30th, 2017, 8:04 am

John Hughes wrote:
phil herranen wrote:

There's a holes everywhere Phil. Just pointing to the fact that there's some great divers in his area (in and out of clubs.) Why don't we let him decide for himself. Maybe he'll fit right in :rofl:

Clubs are a great place to find new dive buddies and learn the craft although now I see his Tritons avatar. Looks like he's off to a good start. On that note, just because you're already in a club doesn't mean you can't cross mingle. The different club members down here support each others clubs and go to each others meetings. It's a great way to expand your dive circle even more and squeeze every bit out of some awesome resources.

I guess you didn't get the joke , that's what a few cencal guys would say about us because we wouldn't give them vis and fish reports that they could spread all over the net .
phil herranen
Herranen Spearguns

Return to Introductions