Video Thread

General info and questions about your spearing and diving!

Video Thread

Postby Duff » March 21st, 2015, 7:15 pm

I figured I would create this thread so when you are taking a fatty dump you have something interesting to watch. You are welcome :obscene-tolietclaw: So post up whatever will help ease the struggle!

Here is a little relaxing freedive video I made from a training session a few months back. I was diving the new Moana Waterman Euro fin ( :romance-threesome: ) and focusing heavily on technique hence the VERYYYY slow descent and ascent. And yes I know I look up for the bottom like twice which isn't "proper" but I hit my head on the dive before that on a pinnacle I didn't see, not fun!

Get this thread started off right with an Irish jam from my heritage and a crop dust salute to my island braddahs to bring in those elusive poo eaters and the evil zebra perch!!!

~kyle
Kyle Duffy
Duff
spearo

Re: Video Thread

Postby Oscar » March 22nd, 2015, 6:33 am

Kyle - nice viz.

What is the difference between the Moana Hybrids and Euro Fins?????? Size, feel, function, etc? What Footpockets are available on the new Euro fins?
Oscar
spearo

Postby Duff » March 22nd, 2015, 7:35 am

Yeah viz was good that day for sure. I absolutely forgot how much i hate wearing a camera though haha! Annoying things

I sent you a pm Oscar.

~kyle
Kyle Duffy
Duff
spearo

Postby Oscar » March 22nd, 2015, 8:58 am

Thanks Kyle - very interesting new design in the Euro Moana Waterman fins! And Congratulations! Partner and COO of Moana Waterman! :handgestures-thumbupleft: :greetings-clappingorange:

PM sent back
Oscar
spearo

Postby Duff » May 13th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Thought I was going to lose my hand to this black a while back haha. Seems like the calmer my dives always are the more those guys want to eat me :nuts:

~kyle
Kyle Duffy
Duff
spearo

Postby X-toy » May 14th, 2015, 8:22 pm

That was a rad video!!!
---------> <'///////>{

Peter
https://www.youtube.com/user/theXtoy
Instagram: ocdesignguy
X-toy
spearo

Postby Straz » May 24th, 2015, 8:55 pm

Those giant blacks can be startling because of how big they can get. Your hand was definitely tempting his appetite. Cool vid. Sadly to you Duff, no fighters were cut. I'm on the couch. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Straz
spearo

Postby Sdeisen88 » May 27th, 2015, 6:31 am

Really enjoy the videos. One of the most important factors to a watchable video is the diver not whipping his head left and right using a mask mounted gopro,,lol
Sdeisen88
noob

Postby jnowland » September 21st, 2015, 10:22 pm

That was amazing. I'm new here and that is just the type of inspiration I came here to find.
jnowland
noob

Postby squeakin'sinus805 » December 9th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Amazing seabass footage. Thanks for sharing.
squeakin'sinus805
spearo

Postby John Hughes » December 10th, 2015, 4:19 pm

that video was bitchen Duff. I thought that thing was going to eat your hand. You would have really been in for some breath hold training then! :)
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby Nate Baker » December 10th, 2015, 5:36 pm

How did I miss this? Two really fun videos. I found myself holding my fists against my chest watching the second one. :)
Nate Baker
kook

Postby Bill McIntyre » December 10th, 2015, 5:59 pm

I missed it too.

Loved that music. Reminded me of our four bicycle trips through Ireland.

Now I need a Guniness.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Duff » December 12th, 2015, 7:45 pm

John Hughes wrote:that video was bitchen Duff. I thought that thing was going to eat your hand. You would have really been in for some breath hold training then! :)

I don't know what would be worse a bsb chomp on the hand or if he inhaled the entire ocean and sucked off my mask. I've heard of bubble blowers having masks ripped off when goliaths get crazy in florida

Bill McIntyre wrote:I missed it too.

Loved that music. Reminded me of our four bicycle trips through Ireland.

Now I need a Guniness.

Bill,

I have an ex-girlfriend who was French Canadian and she took a trip to Ireland and did the bicycle thing and absolutely loved it. I still haven't been there but really want to go.

She wrote the freakin funniest email to me when she got back about her experiences there in her broken English, it truly sounds like a remarkable place though.

I have a few new videos I'm working on from dives when we had that super clear water a month or so back. I went searching for some deeper reefs and have some decent footage I'll compile

Not much else to do during this rain and wind :nuts:

~kyle
Kyle Duffy
Duff
spearo

Postby Bill McIntyre » December 12th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Kyle, when we went to Ireland it was our first bicycle tour anywhere. We read an article in Bicycling Magazine, bought some maps, and planned a route. I spent half a day assembling the bikes at Shannon Airport, and then we pedaled away. Within a quarter mile or so we figured out that we were on the wrong side of the road and crossed over. We tried to get off the main highway and sort of lost up in the hills, so the first day was 50 miles or so and we didn't start until noon. Fifty miles isn't much on a racing bike, but with 50 pounds of luggage and having been up all night on the flight, its all you really need. When we finally found our B&B, we crossed a little bridge and saw a guy standing in the stream fly fishing for salmon. It was if he had been placed there by central casting. He was wearing a tweed jacket and hat and smoking a pipe.

Anyway, I'll spare you more details, but its a great place to start. The people are great, you can almost understand the language, and there is a great networks of secondary roads where you seldom see a car. Later we branched out to four tours in France, a couple in Italy, the Netherlands and Belgium, etc, but we came back for a total of four tours in Ireland.

OK, back on topic. I look forward to seeing more of your videos.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Big_Berg » April 28th, 2016, 5:54 am

Hah I found this thread while taking a dump haha awesome
Big_Berg
spearo

Postby Duff » October 27th, 2016, 9:57 am

continuing on the trend

happy pooping :D

~kyle

Kyle Duffy
Duff
spearo

Postby FathomSam » May 17th, 2017, 1:17 am

Hi divers...

Video of cave diving into a dark underwater cave in the face of a cliff. The cave opens up into a cavern of screeching bats. Light enters the cavern through a hole in the roof.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/cJhsXd-_gSg[/youtube]
FathomSam
noob

Return to Spearfishing & Freediving