Kimi Werner

General info and questions about your spearing and diving!

Kimi Werner

Postby Bill McIntyre » October 9th, 2017, 12:38 pm

If you're interested in reading about someone who makes her living being a speara and all around diving celebrity, there is an article about her in the October issue of Outside magazine.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Re: Kimi Werner

Postby dam » October 11th, 2017, 9:03 am

Thanks for the heads up, Bill. I've always wondered whether one could make a profession out of spearfishing. I don't mean selling products, or offering charters, etc. I guess you would be the product. Any one else out there getting by with just their lungs? Cameron? Sheri? Speaking of which, I just ran into her in the middle of the Pacific a few days ago. She still charges.
dam
diving god

Postby Headless Hunter » April 25th, 2018, 10:59 pm

Unfortunately, the $$ is from a brand that endorsed spearfishing closures, yet uses spearos for marketing. I watched her section in the movie Fish People. Her back story is wild with her pops having to shoot fish to put food on the family table. Hell, if you have a passion and a brand is going to pay for it, why not sell out... Can't blame her.
Headless Hunter
spearo

Postby Donzi Paul » April 26th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Headless Hunter wrote:Unfortunately, the $$ is from a brand that endorsed spearfishing closures, yet uses spearos for marketing. I watched her section in the movie Fish People. Her back story is wild with her pops having to shoot fish to put food on the family table. Hell, if you have a passion and a brand is going to pay for it, why not sell out... Can't blame her.

I just finished this ..so I'm in a forgiving mood. Some times in life ya just have to put food on the table. The girl's got to work. She's welcome on me boat any time.

Cheers, Don
Attachments
Long Beach Neptune 1983 ...still
Donzi Paul
sea slayer

Return to Spearfishing & Freediving