Public numbers

East coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

Public numbers

Postby Bill McIntyre » March 28th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Now and then on Spearboard I'll see someone in Florida asking about a wreck or other thing and referring to it as having a "public number." Here's an example.

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=198543

I'm wondering what that means. Is it on a list of numbers published by a government agency, or just a spot that is on a commercially available list of spots, or what? In California we can buy Chart Guide books with lists of wrecks and reefs with their lat/long, but I've never heard those referred to as public numbers.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Re: Public numbers

Postby phil herranen » March 31st, 2019, 8:19 am

The state dropped a lot of wrecks ,bridge spans, drill pipe , and other artificial structures, if you go into any tackle shop or have a good GPS it will show all these spots and are "public numbers"

People have found other natural structures and planted their own or found other peoples planted artificials and these are privat numbers
phil herranen
Herranen Spearguns

Postby phil herranen » March 31st, 2019, 8:24 am

Out of Panama city we dive structure as small as a 4'x6' chicken coops out in a sand flat on deep water 100' to 200'+
And get some really good fish off them ,it would be very hard to find our private numbers and someone asking for your numbers is like them asking for naked pictures of your wife
phil herranen
Herranen Spearguns

Postby va12 » May 20th, 2019, 1:28 am

Classic joke that works great in real life:

"Do you have any pictures of your wife naked?"

"What?! No, of course not!"

"Want to buy some?"
va12
noob

Return to Florida