Checking in after the hurricane

East coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

Checking in after the hurricane

Postby db1 » September 11th, 2017, 2:31 pm

Hey you Florida guys... I was checking to see if you are all ok after the storm. Please update us when you can. Fingers crossed for everyone and their families and friends. My neighbors had house and a boat in St Martin... they're boat is on land right now and their house is in the ocean... so I'm hoping none of you are in similar situations.

Fingers crossed.
db1
prick

Re: Checking in after the hurricane

Postby Smudge » September 12th, 2017, 7:36 am

We made it relatively unscathed in Hollywood. Few tree limbs down, screens blown out of my back porch. Some wind driven rain got past the shutters and jalousie windows in the master bedroom. Still no electricity but we're not in the boil water area of Broward so that's one plus.

We evacuated up to my sister-in-law's house in Orlando and actually ended up more in the direct path of the storm than if we had stayed home. That being said, we're currently dealing with some remodeling due to extensive termite damage so we were evacuating no matter what.
Smudge
spearo

Postby Bill McIntyre » September 12th, 2017, 10:36 am

He's probably too busy to mention it or may not have power yet but Castranova's wife gave birth to a son in the middle of the hurricane.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby db1 » September 13th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Wow! Congrats Castronova!

I really hope all you guys are safe out there. Let us know if you need anything.
db1
prick

Postby dam » September 14th, 2017, 9:47 am

Damn... that kid's gonna be a badass! Grats, JP!
dam
sea slayer

Postby castronova » September 16th, 2017, 9:36 pm

Hey guys, thanks. What wild ride. Hospital here closed so we went to St. Pete to stay with a friend. 6 minutes after we got there the track changed and St. Pete beach was evacuated so we moved inland St. Pete. Those friends got worried so we moved to Tampa. Storm was coming to that coast so we moved to Orlando. Before we could get dinner there my wife's water broke. Slept in the delivery room one night then postpartum on the tiny couch two more nights. I then left for home as the keys were hit with a direct Cat 4 to make sure the sewer system was up and running and man the EOC.

My wife stayed in Orlando with the baby, her mom, sister, and 2 nieces and a few other family members, she was in good hands. I haven't seen them since Tuesday. They should be back Monday. The keys are just opening to residents tomorrow morning. Only utilities have been allowed in. As of this morning we were at 20% power, no potable water (8 hours of water for unsanitized use), and trees and houses all over the damn place. I will update more later, haven't been on here in a very long time. Been kind of busy.

My house suffered minor damage, my boat was in a cat 5 barn, my sons name is John Solomon Castro, 6 lb 9 oz of blue twisted steel! Thanks for the thoughts guys.
castronova
prick

Postby Bill McIntyre » September 17th, 2017, 11:08 am

A wild ride indeed! At least you didn't have to resort to a manger.:) I'm glad it worked out for him.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Alex Ray » September 17th, 2017, 12:25 pm

castronova wrote: 6 lb 9 oz of blue twisted steel!

This is great! Glad to hear everyone is healthy.
On great days I shoot fish and on good days I spook fish
Alex Ray
prick

Postby SEA_ARCHER » September 21st, 2017, 2:13 pm

JP, Glad to hear everything turned out ok with your wife and son. Having a child is stressful enough without having to flee the path of a cat 4/5 hurricane.

I went down to largo and islamorada last weekend to help with cleanup. I am going down to the lower keys this Sunday again to help. Things were kinda hairy the lower in the keys you got. Some of these people have lost a lot and any volunteer help is needed.

If anyone wants to help you can show up at the Marathon LDS church on Saturday or Sunday and they will put you to work.
6700 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050
Bring your own:
Chainsaw and Gas
Shovels
Rakes
Gloves
Plenty of water because it has been hot!
SEA_ARCHER
noob

Return to Florida