Red light ticket

Off-topic conversations, cool videos and news stories. We ask that you keep politics/religion and bickering OUT of this section.

Red light ticket

Postby el tiegro » July 7th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Is it worth fighting in LA? It was a right on red without stopping, and like every other bureaucracy a $120 dollar fine turns into $490 with fees, or $554 if you take the class, is taking the traffic school worth doing? Thanks for any recommendations, Anthony
el tiegro
noob

Red light ticket

Postby chris oak » July 9th, 2016, 7:07 am

Is this a photo ticket? If it was read up because theres some sort of loophole. If the cop was there and you fight it you are going to lose unless you have proof the officer was incorrect or he doesnt show. Traffic school will reduce your point on your insurance, otherwise your insurance is going to go up.
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Red light ticket

Postby Bowhunter » July 9th, 2016, 7:19 am

If a 3rd party sent the ticket ( mine came from Arizona ) they have no proof you received the ticket in the mail.
Unless it was certified mail.
Charlie
Bowhunter
spearo

Postby el tiegro » July 10th, 2016, 8:09 pm

It was a CHP officer, so I'm guessing it's probably not worth going to the courthouse to play the odds. I guess I'll be looking into the traffic school.
el tiegro
noob

Postby Qressor » February 16th, 2017, 11:37 pm

If the cop was there and you fight it you are going to lose unless you have proof the officer was incorrect or he doesnt show
Qressor
polespearo

Postby Hookin » March 26th, 2017, 9:11 am

I had a similar ticket. It was no turning during a time slot and I missread the time. I postponed the court hearing for over a year and booked the hearing for the 5th of July at 7am. The officer didnt show up and my ticket was cleared. Your mileage may vary but good luck.
Alex
Hookin
prick

Return to Sitting Topside