Questions regarding kill bags

Off-topic conversations, cool videos and news stories. We ask that you keep politics/religion and bickering OUT of this section.

Questions regarding kill bags

Postby Steve G » April 10th, 2017, 8:01 am

The kill bags are great for fish no question in my mind but do any of you use them for other purposes?

I do a bit of big game hunting and since most animals and their parts aren't block shaped I thought a kill bag might be a better option for some of my big game trips.

Any thoughts on the suitability of the kill bags for non fish purposes? Do they clean as well? Do they hold up to harsh cleaners like bleach?

How long do they hold ice relative to an igloo style cooler?
Steve G
kook

Re: Questions regarding kill bags

Postby John Hughes » April 10th, 2017, 6:11 pm

Steve G wrote:The kill bags are great for fish no question in my mind but do any of you use them for other purposes?

I do a bit of big game hunting and since most animals and their parts aren't block shaped I thought a kill bag might be a better option for some of my big game trips.

Any thoughts on the suitability of the kill bags for non fish purposes? Do they clean as well? Do they hold up to harsh cleaners like bleach?

How long do they hold ice relative to an igloo style cooler?

If you get a respectable bag I'd say they hold ice comparable to a respectable cooler but not as well as some of the high end ones. As far as cleaning, they hold up fine with Bleach. I usually just soap them up but have bleached them as well. No issues.

I might just worry about bones poking through if you're actually carrying the weight around but if you're just using it in a static place I think they are tough enough to handle it.
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby Steve G » April 10th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Thanks John. I hadn't thought of the bones being a problem. Good point, but doesn't need to be an issue with a little forethought. You cant drop game into we ice like you do with fish so it'll have to be sacked anyway.

Thanks again.
Steve G
kook

Postby phil herranen » April 10th, 2017, 8:48 pm

I've had a few quartered deer and pigs in mine without any problems
phil herranen
Herranen Spearguns

Return to Sitting Topside