Why I hate Commercial Fishing

Off-topic conversations, cool videos and news stories. We ask that you keep politics/religion and bickering OUT of this section.

Why I hate Commercial Fishing

Postby Red Tide » April 16th, 2017, 6:28 am

This is why I hate commercial fishing of any type. All the rules, laws and money wasted aimed at recreational fisherman is so stupid. The only fish that should be bought and sold is farm raised fish.
https://www.facebook.com/ronaldo.barrad ... 999480321/
Red Tide
polespearo

Re: Why I hate Commercial Fishing

Postby chris oak » April 16th, 2017, 9:00 am

That is absolute sickening to watch. I don't want to get into a gigantic debate about commercial fishing vs. farming because even farm raising fish has a lot of problems, although the footprint of the damage is less if it's controlled. The problem no one wants to address is population control of humans, since everyone wants cheap seafood it drives the industry to buy from other places that might not care about what the future holds for fishing, with the human population exploding at an exponential rate in some countries, it's only a matter of time before most of our natural resources are depleted unless everyone is on the same page.

I'm working on a really cool aquaponics prototype at work, it's not a world problem solver but it can definitely lesson the blow. I'll shoot a video of it this week and post it up.
chris oak
Enforcer

Re: Why I hate Commercial Fishing

Postby Kirby » April 16th, 2017, 10:59 am

Red Tide wrote: The only fish that should be bought and sold is farm raised fish.
https://www.facebook.com/ronaldo.barrad ... 999480321/

One of the problems with farm raised is it often is commercial. I.E., the entire purse of fish in the video you posted, could go directly to farm raised tuna or salmon as feed.

chris oak wrote:The problem no one wants to address is population control of humans, since everyone wants cheap seafood it drives the industry to buy from other places that might not care about what the future holds for fishing, with the human population exploding at an exponential rate in some countries, it's only a matter of time before most of our natural resources are depleted unless everyone is on the same page.

Yup.
Kirby
spearo

Return to Sitting Topside