CA Big Game Draw Results

Off-topic conversations, cool videos and news stories. We ask that you keep politics/religion and bickering OUT of this section.

CA Big Game Draw Results

Postby Andrew » June 12th, 2020, 2:48 pm

How'd everybody do?

I hoarded points across the board and grabbed a D3-5 & D6. Looking forward to getting into the high country to scout.
Andrew
spearo

Re: CA Big Game Draw Results

Postby VangysWay » June 16th, 2020, 10:01 am

N across the board. Looks like I'll be hunting AO and general rifle D11, 13, & 15.
VangysWay
sea sniper

Postby Andrew » June 16th, 2020, 12:19 pm

Good luck. I'm giving a new pair of zones a shot this year, so I'm hoping that I can start scouting in earnest later this month for rifle opener.
Andrew
spearo

Postby Steve G » June 16th, 2020, 5:00 pm

A31 for California and expect OTC archery elk in Utah and 2 doe pronghorn tags in WY. No horns, but the eating will be good.
Good Luck guys.
Steve G
sea sniper

Postby Donzi Paul » June 16th, 2020, 5:56 pm

My world is Cosco Tuna, :D

Cheers, Don
Long Beach Neptune 1983 ...still
Donzi Paul
kook

Postby kon » June 16th, 2020, 10:18 pm

I drew A15 (X8 archery) and we live in Tahoe so it's only 20mins away. It's one of the least desired premium zones, but the bucks are there if you know where to look. I also picked up an AO tag and a couple pig tags for A zone hunting by San Luis Resevoir, last year was my first hunting season ever and I was fortunate enough to land a 3x3 blacktail and 3 pigs there with my bow. Good luck guys! :obscene-drinkingcheers:
kon
noob

Postby Steve G » June 17th, 2020, 5:14 pm

kon wrote:I drew A15 (X8 archery) and we live in Tahoe so it's only 20mins away. It's one of the least desired premium zones, but the bucks are there if you know where to look. I also picked up an AO tag and a couple pig tags for A zone hunting by San Luis Resevoir, last year was my first hunting season ever and I was fortunate enough to land a 3x3 blacktail and 3 pigs there with my bow. Good luck guys! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Sounds like a great start. Congrats.
Steve G
sea sniper

Postby Andrew » June 18th, 2020, 2:26 pm

kon wrote:Ia couple pig tags for A zone hunting by San Luis Resevoir, last year was my first hunting season ever and I was fortunate enough to land a 3x3 blacktail and 3 pigs there with my bow. Good luck guys! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Do you need to participate in a special draw for pig hunting near the reservoir? I thought that it was all Cottonwood Creek which demands a special draw. Or is there a section of huntable property wedged between Cottonwood & Pacheco?
Andrew
spearo

Postby kon » June 18th, 2020, 10:26 pm

There's a special draw at Cottonwood for deer on the opening weekend or two of general season (I don't remember exactly). But you can hunt pigs and deer with a bow without a special tag for 3 weeks starting the second Sat of July, then I think it closes for a week or two, and then general season starts in Aug at which point pig hunting is allowed through the end of Jan or so. Once the rifle hunters come in your chances of getting a pig drop considerably, but those 3 weeks of archery there are great. It's hard hunting at 10+ miles a day over steep hills in 100+ degree heat, so not a lot of hunters go and you certainly earn that meat. Send me a message if you're interested in going, I'm happy to share more info.
kon
noob

Return to Sitting Topside