Next time you’re rolling into/out of Huntington Harbor...

Off-topic conversations, cool videos and news stories. We ask that you keep politics/religion and bickering OUT of this section.

Next time you’re rolling into/out of Huntington Harbor...

Postby Jon McMullen » January 20th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Looks like the new public navigation channel is open. Cruised by there a couple of weeks ago and it looked about complete. I wonder if it will cut any time off the trip in/out of there.

https://www.lbyc.org/files/SBFLYER.pdf

https://www.lbyc.org/files/SBMAP.pdf
Jon McMullen
noob

Re: Next time you’re rolling into/out of Huntington Harbor..

Postby cruzer » January 21st, 2021, 3:13 pm

That should cut off at least 5 minutes. I've seen the crane in there for months, I didn't realize they were cutting a new channel.
cruzer
noob

Postby NaClAddict » January 22nd, 2021, 7:51 am

Catalina just got closer! I’ll miss seeing boaties smack the channel marker tripods. I’m sure the new inlet will have some idiot test proofing points. Probably get more clean water in there too.
NaClAddict
sea sniper

Postby gringo sushi » January 22nd, 2021, 7:55 pm

Stoked to hear that Jon, thanks for the update. Was wondering how long that would take.

I considered myslef pretty lucky to have only had the military keep me from coming in twice over the years. My dad used to steer us clear and preferred Davies for that reason.
Todd Farquhar
LB Neptune
tfarquhar@me.com

“There is one thing which gives radiance to everything. It is the idea of something around the corner.” G.K. Chesterton
gringo sushi
spearo

Return to Sitting Topside