FRV Testimonials

All about spearguns and gear. Feel free to pimp your own manufacturing but be sure to wear flame retardant material if you are pushing b.s.

FRV Testimonials

Postby Bill McIntyre » September 2nd, 2017, 8:48 pm

OK, I know I'm a broken record on using the Freedive Recovery Vest, but here is a bunch of people saying why they use it. Even me. If you want to be diving at age 78, please consider it. Someone may love you enough to be grateful.

http://oceanicss.com/TESTIMONIALS/ocean ... onials.htm
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Re: FRV Testimonials

Postby John Hughes » September 3rd, 2017, 12:36 pm

those are some great testimonials Bill. Thanks for posting the link. With baby #2 on the way, I've been thinking a lot about my mortality as my certainty of wanting to stick around has increased.

I don't think there's any way I'm going to be able to continue diving without one of these in good conscious.
John Hughes
cupcake

Postby phil herranen » September 3rd, 2017, 1:09 pm

Another point that I think is important, is most life insurance won't pay out for 8 to 10 years if there is no body , if you black out and sink offshore or at cortez there is litte or no chance of recovery. In my case that would mean not only dose my family loose me , but also my insurance to pay the bills and keep the house after the loss of the sole breadwinner. This was the deciding factor for me buying one
phil herranen
Herranen Spearguns

Postby Bill McIntyre » September 3rd, 2017, 8:50 pm

phil herranen wrote:Another point that I think is important, is most life insurance won't pay out for 8 to 10 years if there is no body , if you black out and sink offshore or at cortez there is litte or no chance of recovery. In my case that would mean not only dose my family loose me , but also my insurance to pay the bills and keep the house after the loss of the sole breadwinner. This was the deciding factor for me buying one

Good point. And related to that it is that the spouse wants a body for closure. If you come back and say that he never came up and you couldn't find him, she's left hanging.

I've been there. My buddy's body was on the bottom at 95 feet on El Bajo off of La Paz. We were very fortunate that the vis was good enough so that we were able to see him and retrieve him. CPR didn't work so we sat and looked at him for an hour and a half ride back to the dock, but at least there was no doubt about his status. It was the hardest thing I've ever done to pick up that phone and call her, but it would have been worse if I'd had to tell her that we had no idea where he was.

And then of course there is a very good possibility that if he had been wearing a vest, he wouldn't have been dead anyway.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Postby Schwaman » September 4th, 2017, 4:23 pm

I meant to comment on Terrys thread, but it seems to be gone.
Anyway, I've hade the FRV since 2013, the year our first child got born. I've taken it all over the world on all my spearfishing dives and i wouldnt dive without it anymore.
Since I got the upgraded version in 2015 (there is an even more advanced today) i dont even take it off on breaks on the boat anymore and just wear it straight all day.
I have no complaints, it does excactly what it is supposed to do and does not hinder my diving. I have taken all sorts of fish from big yellowfin, wahoo and Mahis in bluewater to Dentex and amberjavk in the Atlantic to WSB, YT, Calico in the kelp. Lobster diving too, although i dont really go into deep caves. That should prove it works for all types of fish and different environments
With the price now below 1k there is really now more excuse. Funny, how many people are willi g to pay 500 $ for carbon fins or 1000+ for guns and think the FRV is expensive.
I am really thankful to Terry Maas for putingt his time, effort, knowledge and money into the development of this revolutionary safety device - thank you Terry!

Disclaimer, I paid full price, not affiliated, just think it is an important and great product.
Schwaman
spearo

Postby Schwaman » September 4th, 2017, 4:30 pm

John Hughes wrote:those are some great testimonials Bill. Thanks for posting the link. With baby #2 on the way, I've been thinking a lot about my mortality as my certainty of wanting to stick around has increased.

I don't think there's any way I'm going to be able to continue diving without one of these in good conscious.

Get one John!

And more importantly: congratulations! Stoked for you
Schwaman
spearo

Postby dctrjayyy » September 5th, 2017, 11:54 am

yep, if you have a wife or kids, do it for them.
dctrjayyy
polespearo

Return to Guns & Gear