Kalbi Fish (korean bbq)

Epic mealtime ideas

Kalbi Fish (korean bbq)

Postby chris oak » December 13th, 2017, 7:18 pm

I tried this on pork chops tonight but it will 100 percent work on fish, I should have hit up Brian first as I've heard his wife makes killer home made korean food. The recipe is for 3lbs of meat but you can reduce the amount for a pound of fish etc, I've been tweeking it for the last few batches and finally nailed it. This recipe is super easy and you don't have to have a ton of fresh ingredients.

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/8 cup rice wine or sushi rice vinegar
1 T onion powder
2 T minced garlic
1 T sesamie oil
1/8 tsp black pepper

Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl. Take your meat (fish) and marinate it in the mix overnight and better yet two days. Keep rotating the meat to insure coverage.

Fire up your bbq and get it hot and then reduce the flame so it's low. The key is you want to carmelize the sauce but not burn it too much. When it is done it will be super dark brown with a bit of char on it. I made this tonight and my kid and wife killed it, my kid said it was super delicious he liked it better than the ribeye steak we had last week.
chris oak

Re: Kalbi Fish (korean bbq)

Postby Behslayer » December 13th, 2017, 11:46 pm

I made that tonight with Wahoo. I also added some Maple Syrup. It was realllly good. Thanks for sharing.

Return to Recipes