Cali spearo in Kauai

Dive deep, throw sand, shoot fish, but above all respect the flag!

Cali spearo in Kauai

Postby bottomfeeder » September 23rd, 2016, 8:03 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a traveling spearo/surfer from San Diego, California. My wife and I have been traveling since May 2015. Weve been surfing and diving all over, Mexico, Indo, Mew Zealand, Norway, and Australia. We are currently living in the mid-north coast of NSW Australia. Been out having some fun dives lately for kingies (yellowtail) and jewies (mullaway/WSB). Plenty of good waves around as well. Both my wife and I have been working hard for the last 4 months trying to save money for the next leg of the trip.

My uncle has been living on Kauai for over 30 years. I've been there several times in my life. I've surfed all over the island, but haven't dove much out there.

My uncle lives in Kilauea, which is where we will be staying from mid-late November to mid December. I really want to get some dives in when I'm there. I have a good amount of experience and travel with my own gear, just looking for any spearos who are down to dive. Shore dives or boats, whatever I'm down, and will obviously pay my share of gas for boats or what not.

Honestly I've been posting the same type of messages all over the world on different local spearing forums and meeting up with people for some epic dives. It's been one of the most satisfying part of my travels. Meeting spearos and getting some great times and meals is amazing!

If anyone wants to dive with me on Kauai or knows someone to contact, let me know.

Cheers,
Willy
bottomfeeder
noob

Return to Hawaii