Diving Jupiter

East coast represent! Remember be vague on spots!

Diving Jupiter

Postby JoeZ » August 6th, 2017, 6:07 pm

I'll say it - it sucks having to find new spotz. The water here is warm, its amazing, its often pretty darn clean - I'll take it - but for the shore diver its been a rough week. I have to remember, I moved in last Saturday and after recon, florida freedive shop, a couple of bait stores I thought I might have found my first "spot".

First ugly lesson, the boats. I thought PV SOMETIMES had a yahoo boat driver, in Jupiter, your a yahoo to try and dive by all the boats - you will have a serious problem. I stayed smart, dove well away from them and never had an issue. Second lesson was the current, no kelp to hang from but the bridge worked out well.

Since this was an out of date train bridge we were allowed to spear here - no fish that I could shoot were seen (still trying to memorize fish ID) but I was schooled by a ton of snook time and time again. First dive was a bust but I'll be out again soon. In the meantime I am hoping to get back to Cali in September or October for the end of YT season!

Dive Safe,

Joe
JoeZ
spearo

Re: Diving Jupiter

Postby Hookin » August 6th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Nice to hear a Jupiter report despite the tough lessons learned. I might be moving there for work next month and will be in a similar situation as you. Let me know if you want a dive buddy in the area.
Alex
Hookin
prick

Re: Diving Jupiter

Postby JoeZ » August 8th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Hey there Hookin - its still fun getting in the water and I found some more intel today, the beauty is everyone is within 15 minutes of the water so I get plenty of time in the water. =) When you get into town give me a holler.
JoeZ
spearo

Return to Florida