Which boat/kayak

Anyone who's owned a boat knows what a PITA it can be. If you have questions or solutions help fellow boat owners out!

Which boat/kayak

Postby Alakey » November 8th, 2017, 4:56 am

Hello, as I wrote in the intro - I'm a novice who just wants to engage in underwater hunting. I have diving experience, but no more. I would like to clarify for myself the next question. I'm going to buy a swimming facility that I'm going to take with me when traveling. I have a car with a rather capacious internal and external trunks. There is no trailer and I do not plan to buy it. What boat or kayak would you advise that it could be compacted enough? (Is it even possible to use a kayak, or is it worth considering only boats?)
Thank you in advance.
Alakey
noob

Re: Which boat/kayak

Postby NaClAddict » November 13th, 2017, 6:27 am

Rent and borrow first. See how they really handle before throwing $$$ into a boat, even if it's a goat boat.
NaClAddict
spearo

Re: Which boat/kayak

Postby chris oak » November 13th, 2017, 7:54 am

Yeah I would rent a kayak first and see how you like it. With small watercraft (kayak, inflatable, aluminum roof skiff or portaboat) you are going to be limited on range. Think about how often and where you plan to go. Just a few miles? A kayak would work out fine. Ten miles each way? Inflatable or skiff. If the conditions are rough or you are headed out far you want to start thinking about real boats.
chris oak
Enforcer

Return to Boat Maintenance