Skipjack Deck Boxs

Anyone who's owned a boat knows what a PITA it can be. If you have questions or solutions help fellow boat owners out!

Skipjack Deck Boxs

Postby Donzi Paul » August 1st, 2018, 5:07 pm

I was at Minnies yacht surplus in CosteMesa today and spotted these nice Skipjack deck coolers/boxes. They have a inner liner and drain and are strong enough to stand on. Years ago I asked Jack Cole to make me one but the molds were no longer available, I ended up building one from casts of the one I had. These hardly ever come up for sale, a steal at 95 bucks each.

Cheers, Don
Attachments
Long Beach Neptune 1983 ...still
Donzi Paul
sea slayer

Re: Skipjack Deck Boxs

Postby gringo sushi » August 2nd, 2018, 1:14 pm

I got one of those with the donor skipjack flybridge that I stripped for parts and took to the dump. My 6 year old went to town rubbing it out and waxing it with a power buffer and sold it on craigslist for some lego cash.

Now I know why it flew so fast at $40.
Todd Farquhar
LB Neptune
tfarquhar@me.com

“There is one thing which gives radiance to everything. It is the idea of something around the corner.” G.K. Chesterton
gringo sushi
spearo

Re: Skipjack Deck Boxs

Postby Bill McIntyre » August 3rd, 2018, 3:34 pm

I had one of those in my 1979 Skipjack 24 flybridge and it was very handy for smaller fish, beer, etc. I had it cut and hinged so that the front section could be lifted without picking up the entire lid.
email me at wsbhtr@cox.net
Bill McIntyre
billie mac

Return to Boat Maintenance