Replacing Deck Hatches (SE FL)

All about spearguns and gear. Feel free to pimp your own manufacturing but be sure to wear flame retardant material if you are pushing b.s.

Replacing Deck Hatches (SE FL)

Postby Andrew » October 10th, 2019, 9:48 am

Hey, gang -

The long and short of it is that my dad's boat - a 2003ish center console operation from now defunct manufacturer Polar - has some hatches that are in a sad state of disrepair. Is anyone familiar with a shop in South Florida or elsewhere that will manufacture replacement hatches? The boat is fishy (and bug-gy) as hell, so I understand why he opted to hang a new motor on the back and keep on charging it week in and week out in Fort Lauderdale while running the risk of putting his foot through some fiberglass.

Thanks in advance -
Andrew
Andrew
polespearo

Re: Replacing Deck Hatches (SE FL)

Postby chris oak » October 10th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Do you have a pix of the hatches? If they are small plastic type you can get replacements from amazon etc like benson hatches. If they are large fiberglass you are going to have to have a fiberglass guy look at it.
chris oak
Enforcer

Postby Andrew » October 11th, 2019, 11:12 am

Mix of both, Chris (one or two of the smaller ~ 6-12" diameter sort and a large, forward deck hatch in the bow). I was prodding my dad to take pictures last weekend. I think that he's planning to dive for bugs tomorrow, so maybe I can twist his arm and do some sleuthing online / locate a fiberglass guy in South Florida somewhere. Appreciate the response.
Andrew
polespearo

Postby castronova » October 11th, 2019, 11:56 am

The guys at Competition Boats make an assortment of pieces for other boats. I know they have the trim tab covers and pie hole covers for fuel senders, etc. for Contenders. Most places like that that do a lot of work will likely be able to make anything. Also reach out to International Marine Services and Outboard Specialties. If you can't find something between those 3 contacts I'd be surprised but reply back and I'll get more.

I have friends who know all the SKA kingfish tournament boats in South Florida and can get you more info.
castronova
prick

Postby Andrew » October 11th, 2019, 2:11 pm

Really appreciate the local knowledge, Castronova. Huge thanks, bud.
Andrew
polespearo

Return to Guns & Gear